FAC application, some help and advice please

58 minutes ago, Steviec said:

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?.

All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?.

I would also like to thank everyone for your help and advice especially to @ianm and @Stavross for their kind offers of mentoring.

Thanks again everyone 

Steve

Happy days! Nice one - now for the fun but expensive bit! Which calibre you gonna get first?

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may live to regret this but i hope not. If it helps you, you are welcome to come over here (south of Preston) and i will take you to one of my places. I will run through the safety aspects and set u

I thought I was a bit over dressed at the last .223 convention ?

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?. All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?. I would also like to thank everyone for your help and

Posted Images

On 21/04/2022 at 16:18, Steviec said:

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?.

All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?.

I would also like to thank everyone for your help and advice especially to @ianm and @Stavross for their kind offers of mentoring.

Thanks again everyone 

Steve

Glad you got sorted and got what you wanted, not to long of a wait ether ?

• Like 1

Very nice having your license landed and not to much of a wait either . 
just hope you have deep pockets now to go and buy that lot plus scopes , night vision/ thermal , dive bottles, cases, ammo and the list goes on and on ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2022 at 17:17, BenBhoy said:

Happy days! Nice one - now for the fun but expensive bit! Which calibre you gonna get first?

On 25/04/2022 at 18:59, Stavross said:

Glad you got sorted and got what you wanted, not to long of a wait ether ?

On 27/04/2022 at 17:23, villaman said:

Very nice having your license landed and not to much of a wait either . 
just hope you have deep pockets now to go and buy that lot plus scopes , night vision/ thermal , dive bottles, cases, ammo and the list goes on and on ?

Thanks lads

Apologies for the late replies.

I have filled two slots so far , first was a pre-owned Remington 700 VSSF .223 with T8 over barrel mod and then a new CZ457 synthetic.22 LR + Atech wave mod and really pleased with them both ?.  I shall get some photos done later.

VM fortunately I only have to fork out for the rifles, mods and ammo as I already have everything else.
    I would imagine the .22 air would be the most expensive slot to fill as I was looking at something from the FX range, however I already have a sub 12 FX Dreampup  in .22 calibre which I’m seriously considering getting fettled and putting on my ticket so that’ll save a good chunk !.

Atb

Steve

• Like 3
Just now, BenBhoy said:

You christened them both? I've a 457 synth too but in hmr, cracking tool for the ££ 

I bought the .223 around three weeks ago along with Four lots of different ammo from 40gr to 55gr ( 1 in 12 twist rate) so just ammo testing before shooting live quarry.

The CZ was christened on a few rabbits earlier this week and it’s spot on.

How do you find the 17 HMR for accuracy?. 
Cheers

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Steviec said:

How do you find the 17 HMR for accuracy?

Out to 140yds I'm spot on, after that it becomes trickier. Unfortunately the crows have started rangefinding my quad bike & stay around 200yds away! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Steviec said:

I would imagine the .22 air would be the most expensive slot to fill as I was looking at something from the FX range, however I already have a sub 12 FX Dreampup  in .22 calibre which I’m seriously considering getting fettled and putting on my ticket so that’ll save a good chunk !.

Atb

Steve

Might be worth looking at a trade in with the dream pup for an fac fx?

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Might be worth looking at a trade in with the dream pup for an fac fx?

Yes, I’m undecided which way to go yet, it will be the last slot to fill so plenty of time ?.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steviec said:

Yes, I’m undecided which way to go yet, it will be the last slot to fill so plenty of time ?.

FX all they either impact  or wildcat mk3 ,both sniper version. That way you will be able to shoot pellets or slugs and trust me  your .22 lr will be redundant 

• Like 1
On 14/05/2022 at 07:32, Sausagedog said:

How do you find the trigger on the 700?

They are very ordinary.  X mark pro on mine!

There was also a recall on them some years back, I never had any issues, but mine was recalled and fixed, never noticed any difference!

Edited by Deker