FAC application, some help and advice please

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may live to regret this but i hope not. If it helps you, you are welcome to come over here (south of Preston) and i will take you to one of my places. I will run through the safety aspects and set u

I thought I was a bit over dressed at the last .223 convention ?

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?. All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?. I would also like to thank everyone for your help and

Posted Images

Could be they do add it automatically now (in some regions), I've always included it in renewals so its always been included on FAC.

It certainly should be an automatic addition, but I take nothing for granted with renewals! 

:thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Morning all

Well it looks like my application is going in the right direction ?.  I have just received a call from the FEO who wants to arrange a home visit, BUT the only sticking point is that he has stipulated that I would need a mentor to accompany me for a couple of outings before he visits as I don’t have any previous experience of firearms in the field ( only sub 12 fpe air rifles) and quite rightly wants to make sure that I can be trusted and handle firearms safely and responsibly.

The FEO has asked that my mentor have experience of .17HMR and .223.

I would be very grateful if there is someone who would be willing to help out and accompany me for a couple of trips on my permission which is in Bradford,West Yorkshire, however i am quite willing to travel to you if necessary, I will add that I’m more than happy to pay any expenses and would throw in a few beer tokens too ?.

Please feel free to message me if you prefer.

Many thanks in advance, thanks also to all the people who have given their advice and suggestions.

ATB 

Steve

Edited by Steviec
Added text
  • Like 2

Well you are welcome to come and try a few of my rifles here in Sweden. British rules seems a bit strange the local hunters accociation holds a hunting rifle and shotgun class in the spring as its required for a firearms license here in Sweden, with a theory test and a shooting test you get a examina as a hunter then the Swedish police see it as you have a need for hunting firearms..

• Like 1
On 07/11/2021 at 11:01, villaman said:

FAC air in most regions are open as well . Crazy really when my .25 can be tuned near .22lr 

Yeah but a 90ft lbs FAC (.22RF Sub equivolent) air isn't going to have the same range as a .22LR.

I've long said FAC Air up to .35 Cal and a max of 150ft lbs should be on an SGC not an FAC. It's ridiculous you're trusted with a shotgun but not an air rifle whose energy at range isn't disimilar to a shotgun. 

Even at 150ft lbs, FAC is rarely used over 150yds and then it's on birds such as pigeon at those distances. There's no doubt it can be deadly at closer ranges and in the wrong hands, but it's no rf. A shotgun is far more to be afraid of at close range which is why having it on FAC makes no sense especially if you apply those limiters.

They should keep FAC for the large calibre very high energy air guns, and put regular FAC air on SGC instead to make it more accessible but still tightly controlled.

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Yeah but a 90ft lbs FAC (.22RF Sub equivolent) air isn't going to have the same range as a .22LR.

I've long said FAC Air up to .35 Cal and a max of 150ft lbs should be on an SGC not an FAC. It's ridiculous you're trusted with a shotgun but not an air rifle whose energy at range isn't disimilar to a shotgun. 

Even at 150ft lbs, FAC is rarely used over 150yds and then it's on birds such as pigeon at those distances. There's no doubt it can be deadly at closer ranges and in the wrong hands, but it's no rf. A shotgun is far more to be afraid of at close range which is why having it on FAC makes no sense especially if you apply those limiters.

They should keep FAC for the large calibre very high energy air guns, and put regular FAC air on SGC instead to make it more accessible but still tightly controlled.

Both of my FAC air will be far more accurate than .22 lr even at 100+ yards . At 150 yards I put 3 shots in a size of a penny . Witness by my shooting partner 

• Like 2

I may live to regret this but i hope not. If it helps you, you are welcome to come over here (south of Preston) and i will take you to one of my places. I will run through the safety aspects and set up some hardox fox targets for you to practise on. I will make available for you .22 lr, .17hmr, .204, .243 and 30/06. If you listen and prove to be safe you would be welcome back, if you aren't you will be going back to yorkshire quicker than you came followed by a letter to the West Yorks firearms dept telling them you aren't fit. So the offer is there if you want it, oh, and don't turn up in Burberry gear!   

• Like 7