PC Wayne Couzens

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

That's it, for the most part it's empty words isn't it. 

I just find it interesting how one's views sway depending on the situation. 

For example we have folk on here claiming we should bring back capital punishment, well we had it and we no longer had the stomach for it hence it being abolished. 

I think the evidence gathering of the day also led to many innocence going to the gallows which swayed opinion at the time, but with dna and modern tactics of evidence gathering I think you could be as close to 100% certain your hanging the right pervert as is possible to get and with that info maybe people would be more accepting of the ideal ??

• Like 4

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you imagine what that poor girls parents must be going through,...time and time again,..their minds must be in turmoil and probably will remain so, until they die. Personally,..I do not hold

? We are all individuals,...no set rules for everyman...? Last night could have been 'Red Panty Night',.. but after 47 years of marriage,. I chose to celebrate our anniversary at the Mowchat Tand

I heard the morhers and fathers statements read out on the radio earlier, I wish I hadn't listened tbh... heartbreaking, I could only (selfishly) think of my kids, what I would feel, the father said a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Doesn't matter. If your significant other stepping out on you is cause for concern then should they be your significant other? If they're happy with that decision and you're not then you're free to null whatever contract is on the table.

It's too late though isn't it once they have become your significant other. 

If it only was as simple as a written contract, that tells nothing of the emotional turmoil suffered in some instances. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think the evidence gathering of the day also led to many innocence going to the gallows which swayed opinion at the time, but with dna and modern tactics of evidence gathering I think you could be as close to 100% certain your hanging the right pervert as is possible to get and with that info maybe people would be more accepting of the ideal ??

Gallows now I'm your man fer that I'm a time served carpenter   

4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

We can only go off the polls though mate and in 2015 for the first time in the surveys history people voted against capital punishment. 

I personally would vote in favour of it without a doubt. 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Greb you sound like one these guys who could never handle his missus wanting to leave, if a woman decided some cock is better than her family life, why the fcuk would you waste your life moping about or killing her for it, my kids are my life, couldn’t really care what the missus did, aye we have an agreement that our family comes first, but if she was to break that then my concerns would to make life better for our kids, not make life worse for them? Me or there mother ?

You are mistaken, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. 

That's not to say many men don't feel that way. 

You just can't make a sweeping statement about something as personal as that subject IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's too late though isn't it once they have become your significant other. 

If it only was as simple as a written contract, that tells nothing of the emotional turmoil suffered in some instances. 

This is the risk/reward of the traditional relationship. They aren't your property they're independent people with their own pursuits to life, liberty and happiness.

I agree with you about the emotional turmoil but life is hard. Get a helmet.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got a few pals who say it, I’d kill me mossus if she left, or is never talk to her again or let the kids talk to her, one my mates who left his wife cos he was seriously unhappy an depressed had his ex stop all custody, the guy is a mess

only selfish deluded control freaks who can’t handle rejection would think like that imho

Honestly, mate. If it happened to me I'd be devastated but to think that there should be some legal penalty and that the guilty party should be imprisoned, or worse, on some vengeance trip is, frankly, f*ck*ng bonkers!

• Like 3

That poll greb is on about was publicised by the BBC and was less that 3000 people, what a croc . Anyways it seems a closer run thing but bet most supporters aren't filling in yougov questions 

YOUGOV.CO.UK

Explore the latest YouGov polling, survey results and articles about Death Penalty.

4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Honestly, mate. If it happened to me I'd be devastated but to think that there should be some legal penalty and that the guilty party should be imprisoned, or worse, on some vengeance trip is, frankly, f*ck*ng bonkers!

I know a few folks who'd be delighted ?, I'm not sure how I'd react but as said wouldn't jeopardise kids. I'd probably have to perk myself up and shag some gorgeous women , go hunting , drinking, strip clubs etc. I wouldn't get married again. I've got my kids ......might have to get a gardener and a milkman ???

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That wasn't my question. 

I asked where's the assumptions coming from? 

What makes you or Baker confident that we would vote in favour of capital punishment? 

You keep saying we 

37 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

This is the risk/reward of the traditional relationship. They aren't your property they're independent people with their own pursuits to life, liberty and happiness.

I agree with you about the emotional turmoil but life is hard. Get a helmet.

Ok so does that excuse adultery whilst under the vows of marriage? 

They can be free to pursuit whatever they like, that's called a divorce mate. 

And what about the implications for innocent parties like kids? 

The facts are adultery is a sin in the Bible, if folk can go against it's preachings as they feel fit then what's the point of marriage in the first place?