Using mole traps

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100%. Theyll still be there when the rain stops! 

? As far as Trapping various critters goes,.. catching moles, sure ain't Rocket Science.... Some guys insist upon making the job, far harder than it is,.. I guess that is a kind of traditional mo

Took these this morning on a nearby estate.   

Posted Images

7 hours ago, bobza said:

Good going moorman ,got just over 80 on there , I got a place last year by a lake were I got over 200 , just had a look and there back again ,bit cold to live up there in the caravan at the minute so I will hold on a few weeks , ATB bobza

Ha good going mate. We are doing some ground at the minute its full of them. Setting up today in the pooring rain ,frost about in the morning then non stop rain and a stiff wind with it. Just seen the weather, rain for the next four or so days, can't wait, lol. It's a farm high up on the moor, an extremely bleak location when the wind is up and the temps are down. I will keep you posted!

4 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Ha good going mate. We are doing some ground at the minute its full of them. Setting up today in the pooring rain ,frost about in the morning then non stop rain and a stiff wind with it. Just seen the weather, rain for the next four or so days, can't wait, lol. It's a farm high up on the moor, an extremely bleak location when the wind is up and the temps are down. I will keep you posted!

Can be a test, alright, in them conditions, mate,....I find it can effect results too (obviously),....can end up a 'mud bath',  sometimes ?,....older I get now, my tolerance goes, & I wait till rain clears up a bit !

13 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

Can be a test, alright, in them conditions, mate,....I find it can effect results too (obviously),....can end up a 'mud bath',  sometimes ?,....older I get now, my tolerance goes, & I wait till rain clears up a bit !

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 07/01/2022 at 13:23, stormyboy said:

The problem is we have work coming in thick and fast. Can't wait for the weather, as the farmer wants to bring stock in and spread muck! It's ok waiting if you haven't got much work on.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Have a look pal, kaiwaka storm force, iv yet to try anything that comes close, perfect for the shitty moors ?

WWW.KIWIKIT.CO.UK

KiwiKit are the UK's premium supplier of high quality Farming Equipment, Agricultural Clothing...

I yet to speak to anybody that’s had a problem with them ?

Yes looks ideal, now I have seen a pic my mate has them. I have a few coats and bib and brace sets from Fortis always served me well. May try a set when I need some new gear. Thanks!

Edited by Moorman 1
On 08/01/2022 at 17:45, Moorman 1 said:

The problem is we have work coming in thick and fast. Can't wait for the weather, as the farmer wants to bring stock in and spread muck! It's ok waiting if you haven't got much work on.

Aye, & theres a saying, local,..."if your waiting on a dry day to do something, youll be waiting forever, here !"

• Like 1
On 08/01/2022 at 17:53, W. Katchum said:

Have a look pal, kaiwaka storm force, iv yet to try anything that comes close, perfect for the shitty moors ?

WWW.KIWIKIT.CO.UK

KiwiKit are the UK's premium supplier of high quality Farming Equipment, Agricultural Clothing...

looks suitable , right enough,..

On 08/01/2022 at 17:53, W. Katchum said:

WWW.KIWIKIT.CO.UK

Is that a photo, of your good self, in them there,  'Katch' ?    ?

I never stop. I visit all my customers every fortnight and double back to any that have ongoing problems in the interim week. 3 days one week, 1 day the next and so on. This week I only had 2 calls to make so spent the rest of the day looking for new fishing places. 

The way I work means that the money always comes in whether there are moles to catch or not. I don't have to sweat over the phone ringing.  

• Like 1