Using mole traps

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100%. Theyll still be there when the rain stops! 

? As far as Trapping various critters goes,.. catching moles, sure ain't Rocket Science.... Some guys insist upon making the job, far harder than it is,.. I guess that is a kind of traditional mo

Took these this morning on a nearby estate.   

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, earth-thrower said:

Noticed late there,. the  'bonus' one you got,......tell them you want double price, for that one, mate !   lol

Ave, just upped the per mole rate up here, mate  (always a tricky thing),....aye,  with petrol , bills, food, goods, etc,...all up,...£10 a moles, just not enough, now,  for me,......

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Much you put it up by? An how have your customers reacted 

minimum £12.50,....its always awkward when it comes to money, for me,...(personally) one farmer payed £15 a mole, (his suggestion,...lol) for the last lot (20) recently,...says it was a kind of bonus, cause was getting near, end of the job, etc,......but then he goes,... "mind the rest  should agree similar with you ",..... a goes " aye , right Robert !!,...i will try that one,...(on them all,...like f**k they will !!    ha ha ha),.....so im TRYING to get £12.50, off all mine,......wont be easy !  (one im doing now, currently paying it)

Edited by earth-thrower
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely you can only change the price after job done an you get called back or on new jobs, I’m putting my prices up same as you tbh, I spoke to a few customers I done recently sn told them I would be putting prices up an asked how they felt, general answer ‘ don’t see a problem with it’ but like j said I’ll be fixing a start date for it to come into effect an it will only affect jobs I take after the start  date so to speak,, fcuk aye tho I agree everything is going up, why shouldn’t our money ?

Am putting price up after Xmas on garden jobs , farms are £10 mole or £20 A hour , hour rate farmer wins most time just done big field 63 moles 25 hours he happy man saved £230 as knocked 5 hours off for getting me next doors farm , he got me A bit of work now so like to give a little back may get me more farms ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m getting called further afield aswell an often having to tell customer that if they want me, then I’ll have to add a bit for fuel an extra travelling time an they all seem brand new with it ?

Price of living going up fast can't work for nowt , talking to a gardener £800 mole man charged an only got 2 moles job done £90 I ask for garden job ?

20 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely you can only change the price after job done an you get called back or on new jobs, I’m putting my prices up same as you tbh, I spoke to a few customers I done recently sn told them I would be putting prices up an asked how they felt, general answer ‘ don’t see a problem with it’ but like j said I’ll be fixing a start date for it to come into effect an it will only affect jobs I take after the start  date so to speak,, fcuk aye tho I agree everything is going up, why shouldn’t our money ?

well , i know  certain farmers really well, now,....(cause moling alot for them , over the years, etc) & to be honest 2 or 3 of them, actually , brought it up, too,....so could tell they were up for it,...but they CERTAINLY arent all like that !,....ive made all the mistakes too, over the years ,.....working too cheap, etc,....one of them,....lead up to last christmas,....was banging on about "keep going, try & account for X amount , for christmas,   cause your gettin something extra" ,...right ? ,....so i assumes, great , a must be getting a 'cash' bonus, perhaps ?????,...........(how wrong i was !!!   ha ha) ,......guess what i got ??,.........(by the way, your quite right, how your approaching it, with them, above,....sounds good)

1 minute ago, tank34 said:

Price of living going up fast can't work for nowt , talking to a gardener £800 mole man charged an only got 2 moles job done £90 I ask for garden job ?

F....n hell  !  £800 ! ,.....obviously, a rip off,.....but do you admire the,  'brass neck' of it , or not ?  lol,.........£90 sounds fair, mate,....but bare minimum, charge, for 2 in a garden,...i would suggest,.......way things are going,  £100 to £120,...still ok, in them circumstances

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I was talking to a young lass who i bumped into in petrol station, she was asking me pointers on them, she works for one the big big company’s what do everything an everywhere, she told me she has to quote them 100 a visit sn can’t guarantee any less than 5, I told that’s why they all phoning me ? poor lass didn’t have a clue tbh she prob lose me with the chemical an household pest side, but she couldn’t catch a cold in Alaska, I gave her a few pointers an she was over the moon haha I usually guarantee I’ll have your mole/moles in bag in a couple visits, an if I fail then that’s on me, let’s be brutally honest once you know what you doin they not hard to catch?

She must have been 'Pretty', or something ?,.....tell then f**k all !     ha ha ha

26 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Am putting price up after Xmas on garden jobs , farms are £10 mole or £20 A hour , hour rate farmer wins most time just done big field 63 moles 25 hours he happy man saved £230 as knocked 5 hours off for getting me next doors farm , he got me A bit of work now so like to give a little back may get me more farms ?

would have been £630 for me,....sorry, how many hours, is that, you charged...im not good at calculating, or the arithmetic ?

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Na she never be any kind a competition for me mate, I’m not one them guys, I’ll show you or anybody how to catch a mole, ain’t gonna show you how to earn a crust from it tho ? or enough to ever be as good as me ??

i can tell, your a good bloke that way, Catch,......but as youll be well aware, it can backfire on you, sometimes,....

• Like 1