Using mole traps

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100%. Theyll still be there when the rain stops! 

? As far as Trapping various critters goes,.. catching moles, sure ain't Rocket Science.... Some guys insist upon making the job, far harder than it is,.. I guess that is a kind of traditional mo

Took these this morning on a nearby estate.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tilimangro said:

This isn’t about mole welfare and is all about Jeff ego

in his book jeff admits he still gets foul catches with the traps he promotes

what Jeff wants is to stop pest controllers being able to catch moles and only accredited mole catchers to do it

funnily enough mole catchers who have paid him to do a courses and been accredited by him and using traps that he promotes

if you think Jeff is on your side you’re even more stupid than I thought

The mole game is hard enough as it is and any further legislation change will make ot harder 

Jeff an ego maniac who doesn’t care about your or my opinions

he only cares about being the go to guy for mole catching which after reading his books and watching his videos he clearly isnt

you stormed off here and face book moaning the mole game was f****d previously and yet here you are singing the praises of the very same guy that will(and at some point he will get his way) that will make it even harder for you

i have nothing against checking my traps every day 

I do check my traps everyday as a full trap won’t catch any more and I can get an invoice in quicker 

but putting a law in place will make criminals of us if we cannot do it for. Some reason and there are plenty of times I haven’t been able to check daily when life gets in the way

you have failed to answer with any sense any of the points I put to you 

I’m not going to bother with you anymore as you’re a Jeff fan boy and unable to grasp the implications of what he is actually doing

If Jeff was concerned with mole welfare he wouldn’t impede the springs by placing turf on top of them

24 hour trap checking will do nothing for mole welfare

they are in that trap within four hours and if foul caught will die roughly within four hours rightly or wrongly

its a very dangerous road to go down 

and the implications for prosecutions are worrying

even when you do everything right there are foul catches as it’s nature and it doesn’t always do what you want

and Jeff admits he gets foul catches even with his 24 hour trap checking and guess what they’re dead in his traps 

you can sing Jeff a praises all you want but he is a f*cking idiot

the barrel trap you mention I said was in humane is

Its by definition a strangulation trap and inhumane

The law states you cannot use strangulation traps and twine isn’t powerful enough to do anything other than strangle

runs those traps by Jeff see what he says

if I didn’t know better I’d think you were gay for jeff and wanted him to stick his dibber in your tunnel

I genuinely applaud you for admitting you were wrong in the past and can’t wait for you to wake up and smell the coffee on this one

Honestly,  ave heard it all before from you,....so let me reiterate, (again) sorry ?,....I will carry on 'moling' ,...how I see fit,...& neither Jeff, nor anyone,...is gonna stop me, ok ? NOW CAN YOU COMPREHEND THAT.....& your obviously that much of a 'pussy' & greetin over what Jeff's aims are, & how much anxiety it's causing  you etc,....my question is (again) , what you gonna do about it ?,....& I'm not interested in the slightest,...."who's on who's side " , etc & AGAIN,  you state that   "the barrel traps, i mention" ,...are inhumane"  & you state why , etc ???,.....well, this assessment of yours is just NOT ACCURATE !!,  & I should try "running  my use of them" by Jeff ???,...why , a don't seek HIS or anyone's approval, ..& now your saying you actually condone , "24 hour trap checking"  & practise it !!,....for f..k s..ke !! ,......& your last 'insult' during that passage above ???....what age actually are you ? ,.....cause that's infantile stuff, from you,.....(what a k..b, you are) 

• Haha 1
On 30/09/2021 at 20:28, Nicepix said:

Thanks. I ask because I sometimes get offered traps that people have bought and then find that they can't trap moles. Most of them are absolute crap, but I haven't yet found any that are better or even as good as the Flatpack traps I've got, some of which I've been using for 9 years.

My flatpacks are about 4 yrs old, still like new being stainless, I have other cheaper duffus that are rusted to hell after the same time. Flatpack are well worth the extra money to me. Had a few going through the triggers, closed them up a bit and pushed them forward but not 100% successful, I then put the stainless washers on one to try, I thought the weight might spook the mole, but it works brilliantly, I believe the weight actually helps, you can get them set very kittle, and something important to me the moles are caught around the ribs so as humane as possible. I have about 150 flatpack traps, I am in the process of fitting washers on them all, the difference is that good for me.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tilimangro said:

This isn’t about mole welfare and is all about Jeff ego

in his book jeff admits he still gets foul catches with the traps he promotes

what Jeff wants is to stop pest controllers being able to catch moles and only accredited mole catchers to do it

funnily enough mole catchers who have paid him to do a courses and been accredited by him and using traps that he promotes

if you think Jeff is on your side you’re even more stupid than I thought

The mole game is hard enough as it is and any further legislation change will make ot harder 

Jeff an ego maniac who doesn’t care about your or my opinions

he only cares about being the go to guy for mole catching which after reading his books and watching his videos he clearly isnt

you stormed off here and face book moaning the mole game was f****d previously and yet here you are singing the praises of the very same guy that will(and at some point he will get his way) that will make it even harder for you

i have nothing against checking my traps every day 

I do check my traps everyday as a full trap won’t catch any more and I can get an invoice in quicker 

but putting a law in place will make criminals of us if we cannot do it for. Some reason and there are plenty of times I haven’t been able to check daily when life gets in the way

you have failed to answer with any sense any of the points I put to you 

I’m not going to bother with you anymore as you’re a Jeff fan boy and unable to grasp the implications of what he is actually doing

If Jeff was concerned with mole welfare he wouldn’t impede the springs by placing turf on top of them

24 hour trap checking will do nothing for mole welfare

they are in that trap within four hours and if foul caught will die roughly within four hours rightly or wrongly

its a very dangerous road to go down 

and the implications for prosecutions are worrying

even when you do everything right there are foul catches as it’s nature and it doesn’t always do what you want

and Jeff admits he gets foul catches even with his 24 hour trap checking and guess what they’re dead in his traps 

you can sing Jeff a praises all you want but he is a f*cking idiot

the barrel trap you mention I said was in humane is

Its by definition a strangulation trap and inhumane

The law states you cannot use strangulation traps and twine isn’t powerful enough to do anything other than strangle

runs those traps by Jeff see what he says

if I didn’t know better I’d think you were gay for jeff and wanted him to stick his dibber in your tunnel

I genuinely applaud you for admitting you were wrong in the past and can’t wait for you to wake up and smell the coffee on this one

It's also strikes me........that your complete obsession & loathing, over Jeff, & how his plans, WILL affect you, etc,.......leaves you convinced that he holds that much influence, all his aims will realistically be achieved ...does it ? ,...cause I don't necessarily share that view, that he may have that much 'sway' , with the powers that be,....although i can't see him stop trying,...he's relentless. So it would really fit you better,...to grow some b...s ,.....instead of being seemingly 'impotent' to me , regards the whole matter ? !,......have you tried confronting him directly, by whatever communication,.. too answer for himself, etc, for example ? & where else & too whom else, have you highlighted your deep concerns, over him,..etc  ? (anything I've ever cared about regards moling, that concerned me enough,......ive tried to do something about,..., by contacting the relevant persons, bodies, authorities,  &  other so called experts,...& conveyed what I had to say,....)

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

My flatpacks are about 4 yrs old, still like new being stainless, I have other cheaper duffus that are rusted to hell after the same time. Flatpack are well worth the extra money to me. Had a few going through the triggers, closed them up a bit and pushed them forward but not 100% successful, I then put the stainless washers on one to try, I thought the weight might spook the mole, but it works brilliantly, I believe the weight actually helps, you can get them set very kittle, and something important to me the moles are caught around the ribs so as humane as possible. I have about 150 flatpack traps, I am in the process of fitting washers on them all, the difference is that good for me.

Anno, once you try them 'stainless' it's hard to go back to any others,...perhaps would be beneficial to have a bit extra power in them springs, at the manufacturing stage (& I've expressed this too them)....but your modifications, here once again,...looks like its definitely helped things.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Who the feck is jeff

Jeff Nicholls,  a long time , traditional mole catcher, with a body of work, behind him,...books , equipment, films, etc,.....but has his faults, nonetheless ....& is the 'arch enemy' ,  it seems,.....of that 'gardener guy'  (above)  who thinks he's ,  'winding ME up',.....???

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, earth-thrower said:

Jeff Nicholls,  a long time , traditional mole catcher, with a body of work, behind him,...books , equipment, films, etc,.....but has his faults, nonetheless ....& is the 'arch enemy' ,  it seems,.....of that 'gardener guy'  (above)  who thinks he's ,  'winding ME up',.....???

Maybe he comes across 2 some as the plummer of the mole trapping world, btw the other guy said you were slightly bowlegged and ud never stop a pig 

10 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Any pics mate 

• 3 weeks later...