Concrete H blocks

Any brickies on her know the going rate for laying H blocks atm(labour only)Been working for a mate on dayrate for over 10years now but got another palbeen bugging me for a month now to lay a load for him but wants a price.Been trying to put him off in the hope that he'llget somone else to lay the f***ing horriblethings.Straight runs between steel uprights

3 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

9inch hollow donuts got to be 30 a metre,we do 55 pound brick n block.and once a certain height you need two of you to lift em up.

Don't know if the OP is talking about the same blocks/materials but pot blocks can be laid by one man. FFS 9" high newton solids were common between steelwork a few years back.  

45 minutes ago, hambone said:

Don't know if the OP is talking about the same blocks/materials but pot blocks can be laid by one man. FFS 9" high newton solids were common between steelwork a few years back.  

225mmx225mmx415mm 7 Newton solids was banned years back,and after a certain height you need two of you to lift them.donuts are easier but take time to lay bed.been laying for 37 years,everything I own is due to brickwork.bloody job

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

225mmx225mmx415mm 7 Newton solids was banned years back,and after a certain height you need two of you to lift them.donuts are easier but take time to lay bed.been laying for 37 years,everything I own is due to brickwork.bloody job

Had a long break from site work and was surprised on my return to it that 9" blocks were banned (for the better in my opinion). Not looking for an argument but still unsure what to OP is asking about. my comments about asking for a higher day rate if he does not fancy it stand tho. ? 

8 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Last time I used them Fcukin things was bout 15 year ago, was fixing up an old barn and me mate had to hold on to back of my belt while I walled the last two corse so we didn’t fall through the gap at front of the Scafold ??

vowed I’d never use the fcukers again after that:(

never seen them H shaped things above

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Last time I used them Fcukin things was bout 15 year ago, was fixing up an old barn and me mate had to hold on to back of my belt while I walled the last two corse so we didn’t fall through the gap at front of the Scafold ??

vowed I’d never use the fcukers again after that:(

never seen them H shaped things above

? they was horrible to lay,bump out up scaffold,cut,lift etc.now it’s 2 100 mm conkers laid flat

11 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Bollock buster's we used to call them when i was hod carrying feckin night mare in tight footings and wading through sludge carrying them on new builds.

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

440x220x220 concrete blocks with the 2 holes in the middle.Sometimes called pot blocks.Tried giving him a dayrate but he wants me to give him a price but aint laid any ammount of them in years.

£30 a meter