What can ferrets eat

_Lewis_

Hop on to the internet and do some research. I give mine raw pet mince , dead rabbit around 1/4 per ferret , venison , and from Time to time around once a week high protein kitten food just make sure it’s meat base not vegetable base. And no milk. 

• Like 2

normally find they only eat what you weaned/feed them on  as kitts...not always mind...I give mine plenty of fresh roadkill but only after it's been frozen(kills off the ticks, mites etc)..when they are Kitts I give them fresh rabbits that I shoot with an air rifle,those I give still warmish..mine will eat trout,sprats, mackerel,bream ,anything really,even the odd mole,not had one yet that would eat that ferret dryfood?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

normally find they only eat what you weaned/feed them on  as kitts...not always mind...I give mine plenty of fresh roadkill but only after it's been frozen(kills off the ticks, mites etc)..when they are Kitts I give them fresh rabbits that I shoot with an air rifle,those I give still warmish..mine will eat trout,sprats, mackerel,bream ,anything really,even the odd mole,not had one yet that would eat that ferret dryfood?

Mine will eat Gain 28 greyhound food as thats what my wife will be feeding them if I'm working away. No substitute for regular meat/fish though. Don't rate the dry ferret food TBH.

Amazing how times have changed I remember when I was a kid my dad use to feed them warm milk with bread , which was probably the worse thing you could feed them.  And I have always been a bit unsure about feeding them road kill as you don’t know if the animal was healthy or sick. I do know of one fella that does pick up the occasional road kill and puts it in his cages compete with guts and all unsure if that’s a good thing or not.