Nice Muntjac

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t often shoot these , but he was on the border of the shoot and I haven’t seen him before. So before he disappeared or someone else shot him. He is now in the chiller. I reckon he will  medal .

I nicked another one this morning. Nothing like the first . I just thought I’d make it worth putting the chiller on . 

CWD don’t eat too bad either

Posted Images

On 22/11/2021 at 18:47, Rabid said:

Plenty of them around here, unfortunately they seem to be getting hammered every way they turn.

Frankly they should be under the terms of the W&C Act, they are a non indigenous species, unlawfully released/escaped into the wild, and it should be shoot on sight, but for some reason a few years back we actually gave them a season!  The reason for their presence in the wild in the UK is similar to the Muntjac, but so far no seasons for them???    

Lets be clear here, I have no specific downer on them, I simply do not understand the Legislature of this country sometimes!!

Edited by Deker
On 23/11/2021 at 16:28, Deker said:

Frankly they should be under the terms of the W&C Act, they are a non indigenous species, unlawfully released/escaped into the wild, and it should be shoot on sight, but for some reason a few years back we actually gave them a season!  The reason for their presence in the wild in the UK is similar to the Muntjac, but so far no seasons for them???    

Lets be clear here, I have no specific downer on them, I simply do not understand the Legislature of this country sometimes!!

Yes I think your right, but I for one am glad it’s not the case, without those I would only have Munties to go at as no fallow or roe on my bit.

unlike the SE we don’t get the damage from these that fallow cause, and in truth crop damage is minimal, they do tend to flatten it where they lie down though, and that’s why the farmers hate them.

• 2 months later...
On 28/01/2022 at 21:05, moonlighter said:

We’ve got a few Chinese in Lincolnshire around me, but nowhere near as many as muntjac…. Maybe they don’t breed as well, or maybe because they are much easy to catch or shoot than a munty? 

They breed like hell, nothing unusual to find them late in he season with 4 sometimes 5 inside them, ive been told they can have 6 but never seen that, I try and finish a bit earlier on them if I can.

On 30/01/2022 at 14:22, Rabid said:

They breed like hell, nothing unusual to find them late in he season with 4 sometimes 5 inside them, ive been told they can have 6 

This is true but they have a high mortality rate with being born so small, easy prey for predators. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 11:32, shovel leaner said:

I don’t often shoot these , but he was on the border of the shoot and I haven’t seen him before. So before he disappeared or someone else shot him. He is now in the chiller. I reckon he will  medal .

8DF67188-7582-49F9-A8A6-37A813202D0B.jpeg

1B249DC0-DB65-4776-8BC8-402461D7B3E1.jpeg

If you get any fallow antler keep me in mind bud ,a good mate etches on them so looking to get a lurcher ,deer seen etched into one .hope you doing well bud ? 

On 30/01/2022 at 14:22, Rabid said:

They breed like hell, nothing unusual to find them late in he season with 4 sometimes 5 inside them, ive been told they can have 6 but never seen that, I try and finish a bit earlier on them if I can.

Loads round my way ,folk who don't no mistake them as muty