Nice Muntjac

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t often shoot these , but he was on the border of the shoot and I haven’t seen him before. So before he disappeared or someone else shot him. He is now in the chiller. I reckon he will  medal .

I nicked another one this morning. Nothing like the first . I just thought I’d make it worth putting the chiller on . 

CWD don’t eat too bad either

Posted Images

22 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

The forestry guys here hate them , they do a lot of low level browse damage .

Here’s a funny tale that happened a couple of years ago . A stalker mate of mine who has a building business was doing some work on a house for a couple of “ Artist / vegan “ types. They had created this fantastic garden and spent a small fortune on the plants . But a muntjac was eating them , they asked my friend what to do and he suggested deer fencing, thinking there is no way they would go for him shooting it . But they said they wanted other wildlife to visit , like badgers and foxes , so could he shoot it . So he was sat up on the scaffolding at last light and shot it , and they were over the moon.

I must be in a minority of people who find them a charming and interesting animal.          

Strange they thought Muntjac to be vermin but wanted visit by badgers and fox.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 08:34, shovel leaner said:

I must be in a minority of people who find them a charming and interesting animal.          

Not at all, ive always enjoyed having them on my place, they can be a right bloody pain, and they destroy everything, but I still enjoy them.

They also have my respect, I find them a great stalk, especially in an area they have plenty of cover.

• Like 1
On 03/11/2021 at 17:07, Rabid said:

Not at all, ive always enjoyed having them on my place, they can be a right bloody pain, and they destroy everything, but I still enjoy them.

They also have my respect, I find them a great stalk, especially in an area they have plenty of cover.

…is that old creed up to the task ? .?..you can’t beat a Swede ??

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...