Pups first lamping outing

My pups retrieve was textbook. Textbook Muppet show lol. When I say couple of small circles, that's small in comparison to the first ones which were about 100 yards across ?? 

Great when they catch their first mate ??? I'm out with him again Weds hopefully, prob to the same place cos the rabs seem to be a bit green there.

Good luck with yours. ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2021 at 00:07, dytkos said:

My pups retrieve was textbook. Textbook Muppet show lol. When I say couple of small circles, that's small in comparison to the first ones which were about 100 yards across ?? 

Great when they catch their first mate ??? I'm out with him again Weds hopefully, prob to the same place cos the rabs seem to be a bit green there.

Good luck with yours. ?

Cheers, D.

Early days though..

I firgot what a buzz it is when they catch their first rabbit..its been a while.

Keep us posted on progress mate

20210826_105152.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Litter mates? I thought it was one of them American hound types? got any side views of it?..looks a nice sort?

No made in england.

I have his half brother too  same sire.

I have pics but dont want to spam the thread. Might post some soon.

Good hunting sirius

5 minutes ago, Sirius said:

No made in england.

I have his half brother too  same sire.

I have pics but dont want to spam the thread. Might post some soon.

Good hunting sirius

No problem pal...will look out for them? atvb for the season ? 

• Like 2

Went again tonight, very warm, could have gone in my Sambas lol mist came in so only got 2 runs, missed the first after a couple of turns that he went shooting past, he'll soon learn as long as I give him the practice but he's half ? looking down the beam now.

Second one was a squatter, slipped him at 5 yards, he made hard work of it, ran it into the banking a couple times, he lost sight of it once but he seems to have the burst to catch it up ? caught it well up the hedgeline, brought it back then fooked off when I bent down to take it off him, couple 5 yard circles then he dropped it. Again, another lesson he'll learn, sometimes when you drop them you have to catch them again ?

Should have crouched right down when he brought it back, my mistake, haven't had a pup on for 11 years.?‍♂️ 

Positives, he didn't crunch the rabbit, when he missed, he came pretty much straight back to a hiss, looking down the beam, ish 

Negatives, retrieving to hand is non existent, again my fault, he doesn't bring his toy bone or ball to hand indoors but he does bring the tennis ball back from the flinging stick thingie when we go up the flat fields. Priority to address, should have already done it ?

Haven't had chance to see what his wind is like, obviously still only a pup but I'd like to give him a couple or so runs in quick succession to see what hes got so far.

Shit weather, was really psyched up tonight, expecting great things (eternal optimist lol) but it fell flat tbh. 

Hey ho, got a rabbit for the old boy up the road ?

No pic taken, if someone wants to say no pic or it didn't happen, you've got till about 11.00 tomorrow before Mrs drops it off on her way ? 

Cheers, D.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

Went again tonight, very warm, could have gone in my Sambas lol mist came in so only got 2 runs, missed the first after a couple of turns that he went shooting past, he'll soon learn as long as I give him the practice but he's half ? looking down the beam now.

Second one was a squatter, slipped him at 5 yards, he made hard work of it, ran it into the banking a couple times, he lost sight of it once but he seems to have the burst to catch it up ? caught it well up the hedgeline, brought it back then fooked off when I bent down to take it off him, couple 5 yard circles then he dropped it. Again, another lesson he'll learn, sometimes when you drop them you have to catch them again ?

Should have crouched right down when he brought it back, my mistake, haven't had a pup on for 11 years.?‍♂️ 

Positives, he didn't crunch the rabbit, when he missed, he came pretty much straight back to a hiss, looking down the beam, ish 

Negatives, retrieving to hand is non existent, again my fault, he doesn't bring his toy bone or ball to hand indoors but he does bring the tennis ball back from the flinging stick thingie when we go up the flat fields. Priority to address, should have already done it ?

Haven't had chance to see what his wind is like, obviously still only a pup but I'd like to give him a couple or so runs in quick succession to see what hes got so far.

Shit weather, was really psyched up tonight, expecting great things (eternal optimist lol) but it fell flat tbh. 

Hey ho, got a rabbit for the old boy up the road ?

No pic taken, if someone wants to say no pic or it didn't happen, you've got till about 11.00 tomorrow before Mrs drops it off on her way ? 

Cheers, D.

Nice one d  pup done well ? 

• Thanks 1