A Strange Addiction.....

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

As far as I know most cows need a manicure or is a pedicure ? ? every few months maybe twice a year, but I think the younger cows get it more until there hoofs sort a start growing properly? Got meself confused now ??? I’ll have a word with somebody at work an find out what craic is but it is deffo an ongoing thing on our farm an all others o know of?

Hoof gets soft with infection….need to pare it back and treat it or hoof will split away from the foot…..

1 minute ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Yeah just started to get a bit of digital dermatitis so will start footbathing regularly now. Cows are still out and have been since April. 

Every Five days lad……only way to keep on top of it….

17 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Yeah just started to get a bit of digital dermatitis so will start footbathing regularly now. Cows are still out and have been since April. 

Do you still use formaldehyde? I'm surprised I still have any lungs left after using that stuff. Sheep were worse as you had to be stood there throwing the barstewards through it. Can't believe we didn't get given or think of using ppe 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Do you still use formaldehyde? I'm surprised I still have any lungs left after using that stuff. Sheep were worse as you had to be stood there throwing the barstewards through it. Can't believe we did get given or think of using ppe 

We don’t use it but know people who do 

1 minute ago, Mother_Mary said:

If any bad digi cases try and get linco spectin powder from vet and bandage them. Bandage off after 3 days 

Foot bathing seems to get on top of it easy enough. Right person milking cleaning it everyday and spraying helps also 

• Like 2