Status quo bassist rip

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think my last 

I think we’d have similar i pods mate 

I can’t get the Beatles , I like the earlier stuff not the nonsense they drifted too. 

Can’t stick the stone roses mind . Awful 

I meant the Rolling Stones... watched them at Twickenham probably 17 years ago...one of the first gigs with my now wife...40 licks tour... 

Don't mind the Stone Roses, but not a go to band for me...

Same with Beatles, like odd bits but all a bit something or nothing (f**k that's some statement for what is considered the greatest band ever lol).. I've had the rows enough times with obsessional beatles fans mates...lol

Also love Dylan... lyrics are key for me...Jarvis Cocker is a great lyricist... 

Any newer bands you like?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw ACDC at Wembley arena in 1990 on there Thunderstruck tour.Same year I discovered ecstacy and went from a scruffy grebo biker to a loved up raver overnight.

Enough said now.....

Stand aside you beginner !  

16 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I meant the Rolling Stones... watched them at Twickenham probably 17 years ago...one of the first gigs with my now wife...40 licks tour... 

Don't mind the Stone Roses, but not a go to band for me...

Same with Beatles, like odd bits but all a bit something or nothing (f**k that's some statement for what is considered the greatest band ever lol).. I've had the rows enough times with obsessional beatles fans mates...lol

Also love Dylan... lyrics are key for me...Jarvis Cocker is a great lyricist... 

Any newer bands you like?

My Chem Rom , black parade album is some cd like . That’s about the other one I own now apart from appetite and a few Prince albums I wouldn’t part with . 

don’t really cling to bands now , I wouldn’t watch Liam Gallagher , Beady eye , Noel Gallagher , or any of that nonsense at the end of the road now . Hated kasabian etc 

Liked a few obscure American bands , no one really massive , everclear were one , one or two good albums from them , like a more socially aware RHCP . 

like metal,  country , hip hop , anything 80s 90s 00s , got quite a penchant for bbcc. ?To be honest I quite like the you tube uk acts out on the grind in videos . Making the hard yards , fair play to them. You’d probably hate them . My misses thinks I’m having a mid life crisis ??

GnR Appetite for Destruction 

ACDC Back in Black

Nirvana Nevermind 

Queens of the Stone Age Songs for the Deaf 

Black Sabbath Paranoid 

linkin Park Hybrid Theory

Plus

Wolfmother ,Iron maiden, Led Zepplin, Queen, Ratt,Rage against the machine ,Korn,Slipknot,Saxon,Girlschool, Motörhead, Evanscence,Stranglers, Pendulum ,Prodigy ,Beastie boys , bit of reggae , rap , punk all depends on my mood.

Off topic but talk of Guns' n Roses puts me in mind of The Cult, formerly The Southern Death Cult, and the Death Cult and ended up just The Cult. Same era as GNR but British and had grown up with the same music  influences before they started making their own. 

The thing that I like about them is that they grew up with punk. Punk became the anti-thesis of what it was meant to be. Middle class judgemental. We are punks and cleverer and cooler than you and the music that came before us counts for nothing.

The Death Cult thought, hang on, we love Led Zeppelin and want to be them! f**k trying to be cool, lets make some good old fashioned kick ass rock 'n roll.

She Sells Sanctuary!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Off topic but talk of Guns' n Roses puts me in mind of The Cult, formerly The Southern Death Cult, and the Death Cult and ended up just The Cult. Same era as GNR but British and had grown up with the same music  influences before they started making their own. 

The thing that I like about them is that they grew up with punk. Punk became the anti-thesis of what it was meant to be. Middle class judgemental. We are punks and cleverer and cooler than you and the music that came before us counts for nothing.

The Death Cult thought, hang on, we love Led Zeppelin and want to be them! f**k trying to be cool, lets make some good old fashioned kick ass rock 'n roll.

She Sells Sanctuary!

Didn’t they do a song for gone in 60 seconds movie ? I liked that song