Wound slowly but surely getting there.

2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

If folk don't no how to stich ,staple wounds or no someone who can they should do the right thing and go vets .

It would be well on the way to healing if he'd gone vets ,yes it looks bit better but it's going to take a lot longer than it would have with few stitches. 

Vets charge its as simple as that .

As far as I know he did go to the vets they wouldn't stitch it 

15 hours ago, lurchers said:

I know a few lads that do mate but just because they are tight c**ts and don’t give a cracking donation for the trouble.

Shame on them ,I don't mind putting me hand I'm me pocket if me dogs need it and if I couldn't afford it I'd go pdsa and pay what I could . If folk not able to look after a dog and get them treated they have no right keeping one . We can all fall on hard times and that's what pdsa is there for ,my old landlord a pdsa vet and he said they ask for a donation and as long as they give something they happy to help .

13 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

As far as I know he did go to the vets they wouldn't stitch it 

Any vet worth calling a vet would have treated that wound, I bet he didn't take the dog vets until day or so after it happened and that's why vet said he wouldn't stitch it as I've known vets to refuse to stitch wounds that been left to long . Only he knows ,he not even said how it was done ?

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Any vet worth calling a vet would have treated that wound, I bet he didn't take the dog vets until day or so after it happened and that's why vet said he wouldn't stitch it as I've known vets to refuse to stitch wounds that been left to long . Only he knows ,he not even said how it was done ?

Mooch that's not necessarily the case. Mine had a nearly identical injury, I wish I could find the pictures. The vet stitched it but the area was simply too damaged and the skin was pulled too tight. Everything went necrotic and died off leaving a bigger hole than the original wound. Opinions sought from 3 other vets, including a long distance consultation with my old boss because I trust him the most and they all said the same: stitching it was a mistake and my dog paid for it with a lot of pain and a much longer recovery. Sometimes treating as an open wound is the best option depending on what happened and where it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1