Wound slowly but surely getting there.

50 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I would of stitched that mate looks a good rip.

5 hours ago, socks said:

It would be completely healed by now if you would have had it stitched. 

Both very true but that's granulating very nicely and soon the dog can be roadwalked to maintain fitness. It's still early in the season so not too much will be lost. That'd have been a tricky one to stitch where it is and the lad explained why he didn't want to go to the vet.

Most vets these days are money first and animal welfare second and a lot of them couldn't have stitched that so it wouldn't pull open again.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Both very true but that's granulating very nicely and soon the dog can be roadwalked to maintain fitness. It's still early in the season so not too much will be lost. That'd have been a tricky one to stitch where it is and the lad explained why he didn't want to go to the vet.

Most vets these days are money first and animal welfare second and a lot of them couldn't have stitched that so it wouldn't pull open again.

I don’t know the story behind it or what the lad had said but that would of been my choice,but I would of look for the right vet to who won’t rip ya off.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ferretman65 said:

The lad done.very well with that wound which in my opinion stitching that would not off held there was no skin to stitch too good luck with the dog mate

That would have stitched just fine. 

• Like 3

If folk don't no how to stich ,staple wounds or no someone who can they should do the right thing and go vets .

It would be well on the way to healing if he'd gone vets ,yes it looks bit better but it's going to take a lot longer than it would have with few stitches. 

Vets charge its as simple as that .