do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

7 minutes ago, king said:

What do you think of some lorry drivers you see that have there names on a number plate and placed inside the front window on display..

Not sure on the legality of it but its just so you can spot your mates coming the other way, all trucks look the same these days I've no intention of putting a plate in my window but I've got no problem with them that do

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dazmac said:

Not sure on the legality of it but its just so you can spot your mates coming the other way, all trucks look the same these days I've no intention of putting a plate in my window but I've got no problem with them that do

Well I never knew that was the reason mate.i thought they just wanted there name in the front window..there's a few road wagons where I'm working who have them..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I never said Brexit was the only factor I said it's a contributing factor for this current shortage and crisis. 

And of course it's bad planning, the government should have been prepared for EU migrants leaving the country after Brexit. 

Anyway, what's wrong with any short term hardships if they go on to being long term benefits. 

It just makes me laugh that we are now begging for 5000 foreigners to come help us get out the shit, tough titty if you ask me. 

Yeah I misread that bit sorry. I suppose technically the drivers going home because of brexit is a factor. The tanker driver jobs always used to be dead man's shoes till BP etc farmed out there haulage, apparently the new MD finished a lot of drivers and pissed off  a lot of others so they started voting with their feet. 

Anybody thinking of returning to driving or getting a licence I wouldn't bother honestly it's a crap job, it's mentally exhausting you're treated like crap and it's long hours. At my last place 3 of the fork lift drivers were ex hgv and took a pay cut just to get off the road 

Edited by Dazmac
Spelling
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, king said:

Well I never knew that was the reason mate.i thought they just wanted there name in the front window..there's a few road wagons where I'm working who have them..

Its surprisingly easy to miss a truck heading in the opposite direction. I've missed some of our lads waving at me and there trucks are the same colour/type as mine and my mates haven't spotted me 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dazmac said:

Its surprisingly easy to miss a truck heading in the opposite direction. I've missed some of our lads waving at me and there trucks are the same colour/type as mine and my mates haven't spotted me 

I've always found that odd, I mean I don't go flashing my lights and waving at other railway vans. ?

27 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've always found that odd, I mean I don't go flashing my lights and waving at other railway vans. ?

I always wave at other pest controllers, unfortunately I don't have a sign written van to I just look like a spacker waving and giving them the thumbs up for no reason 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
10 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Which will take at least 2 months to clear hence them introducing a temporary visa scheme. 

I’m not disputing the visa scheme I’m disputing that it’s down to brexit. 

6 minutes ago, socks said:

I’m not disputing the visa scheme I’m disputing that it’s down to brexit. 

It's not just down to brexit mate but it is a contributing factor. 

Thousands of HGV drivers left the game for a number of reasons and their positions were filled by EU drivers, the threat of Brexit meant many have left the UK. 

It is what it is, its one of those short term hardships that we will have to deal with accordingly, I just think it's a joke that the government are now begging foreign drivers to come and help them. 

Again it boils down to piss poor planning, they are all a bunch of useless cnuts.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, WILF said:

IR35 hasn’t helped either 

I have worked with quite a few Eastern Europeans over the past few years. About 3 months ago i was working with a Rumanian who was going home the next day. He was laughing at the UK Gov. because he had claimed maximum grants while working through covid crisis and was off to buy some land around his home village. He told me that IR35 would have fkd up his limited company status and forced him to work "umbrella". Surprised your showing yor ignorance on this matter Greb the industry your in and all that.

As I said before, transport has been a zero sum game for way too long.

Everything done on the shit model of “who can be cheapest”, some years back lads was hauling 20ft boxes out of the docks for £20 a box !!!, I knew owner drivers who were on the road all week away from home and clearing £300 after all the exes paid !

Then you get the taxman cut off the small benefits they can get because the government are money junkies and it all starts to get even less attractive.

Most transport related firms are on minimum 60 days payment because their cash flow is f***ing useless, I personally never gave any transport type firms large credit lines or allowed them 60 days…..it’s too risky because they are just waiting to go “pop” all the time.

Then you add in the shit facilities for drivers, you can’t even compare UK services with somewhere like Germany……in Germany they are cheap, foods good, showers are fantastic and clean.

A far cry from Clackets Lane ripping the arse out of you !

As Greb said, add Brexit too and it’s just another nail in the coffin of something that’s badly broken anyway.

Edited by WILF

I'm sure Brexit would of had an effect but we were seeing the 'decent' Eastern Europeans drifting back anyway. 

I knew a couple and like hambone found they laughed at our system. They loved their country and were always wanting to go back. They earned well and invested at home. Their countries were doing better naturally and most were drifting back. Then, I believe the rules changed with tax in their home countries to encourage them to return.....and we were left with the scum that couldn't return or weren't wanted back at home. 

Before I fcked facebook off I was friends with a couple of polish lads I'd worked with. They were back at home running businesses and doing really well. One of the few sad things about coming off Facebook was loosing contact with them as I'd got invites to go visit em. 

They weren't put off by Brexit in any way, they have options to return because they applied in time and their kids have dual nationality as they were born here. So for them at least Brexit wasn't an issue. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

A fella who I now work with owned a haulage company before he fell foul of the law. 

He said the likes of Stobart's were a cancer to the industry. 

Big operators like Stobart are an inevitability in an industry where margins are so low that only massive volume can make any money.

They know that for many it’s unsustainable and they will naturally swallow up these peoples work as they go skint.

I don’t blame the likes of Stobart for profiting from the rules of game.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, hambone said:

I have worked with quite a few Eastern Europeans over the past few years. About 3 months ago i was working with a Rumanian who was going home the next day. He was laughing at the UK Gov. because he had claimed maximum grants while working through covid crisis and was off to buy some land around his home village. He told me that IR35 would have fkd up his limited company status and forced him to work "umbrella". Surprised your showing yor ignorance on this matter Greb the industry your in and all that.

How am I showing my ignorance, I've always been on the books. 

And whatever the reasons it boils down to the incompetence of our government, where was the preparation for all this? 

And like I said logistics isn't the only sector that has shortages.