do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Don't talk daft mate, let's not pretend that Brexit hasn't scared off a lot of EU drivers that has now left a big shortage. 

IR35 hasn’t helped either 

• Like 3

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Just read that they have sent almost a million letters out to those who hold a HGV licence and are out of the industry.  

I got mine today telling me about the excellent opportunities in the HGV sector and the improving pay and conditions. They must be sending them to all hgv licence holders cos I'm a driver already 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Neither as covid as well but to deny that it's nothing to do with Brexit too is hogwash mate. 

I'm surprised you haven't dropped the bucket on the 360 and jumped on a wagon mate...

2 minutes ago, king said:

I'm surprised you haven't dropped the bucket on the 360 and jumped on a wagon mate...

I would if I had my HGV licence and if the wages were equally as good. 

Looking on Indeed these crazy rates just ain't there. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't talk daft mate, let's not pretend that Brexit hasn't scared off a lot of EU drivers that has now left a big shortage. 

If we needed EU drivers before brexit that means there was already a shortage of homegrown drivers. I'm an hgv driver, my dad was a driver and most of my mates are drivers the shortage is nothing to do with brexit, its to do with the poor pay and conditions we've had for years. Instead of paying and looking after the drivers we had employers decided to get cheap labour from elsewhere. The big wages they talk about are for 50/60 hour weeks and some include weekends and Bank Holidays at standard rates. There's a driver shortage in Europe as well what's that got to do with brexit, France are starting a scheme to improve standards for drivers, better parking etc. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The DVLA have admitted that they have a backlog of over 54,000 applications for new HGV licenses and renewals … that’s why we have a shortage of drivers. 

1 minute ago, Dazmac said:

If we needed EU drivers before brexit that means there was already a shortage of homegrown drivers. I'm an hgv driver, my dad was a driver and most of my mates are drivers the shortage is nothing to do with brexit, its to do with the poor pay and conditions we've had for years. Instead of paying and looking after the drivers we had employers decided to get cheap labour from elsewhere. The big wages they talk about are for 50/60 hour weeks and some include weekends and Bank Holidays at standard rates. There's a driver shortage in Europe as well what's that got to do with brexit, France are starting a scheme to improve standards for drivers, better parking etc. 

So basically you're saying there's a shortage mate and EU migrants were filling those positions. Now they have left there's even more shortages and it's now having a knock on effect. 

2 minutes ago, socks said:

The DVLA have admitted that they have a backlog of over 54,000 applications for new HGV licenses and renewals … that’s why we have a shortage of drivers. 

Which will take at least 2 months to clear hence them introducing a temporary visa scheme. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

So basically you're saying there's a shortage mate and EU migrants were filling those positions. Now they have left there's even more shortages and it's now having a knock on effect. 

I'm saying since there was a shortage long before brexit and there's a shortage in Europe so you can't blame brexit, bad management maybe the government knew it was coming and should have either improved conditions or encouraged more people into the industry. The drivers returning to Europe could have been given work visas and encouraged to stay, I worked with a couple of Polish lads at my last firm they were 2 good lads, good workers and good drivers and they stayed here so it must have been possible. 

1 minute ago, Dazmac said:

I'm saying since there was a shortage long before brexit and there's a shortage in Europe so you can't blame brexit, bad management maybe the government knew it was coming and should have either improved conditions or encouraged more people into the industry. The drivers returning to Europe could have been given work visas and encouraged to stay, I worked with a couple of Polish lads at my last firm they were 2 good lads, good workers and good drivers and they stayed here so it must have been possible. 

What do you think of some lorry drivers you see that have there names on a number plate and placed inside the front window on display..

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Dazmac said:

I never said Brexit was the only factor I said it's a contributing factor for this current shortage and crisis. 

And of course it's bad planning, the government should have been prepared for EU migrants leaving the country after Brexit. 

Anyway, what's wrong with any short term hardships if they go on to being long term benefits. 

It just makes me laugh that we are now begging for 5000 foreigners to come help us get out the shit, tough titty if you ask me.