do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

4 hours ago, WILF said:

I’d genuinely never thought about them until I watched the video.

So, I just did a quick “Google is your friend” and had a quick speed read and it all seemed positive.

Now, I loath the idea of nuclear because it’s lethal but based on 5 minutes of speed reading maybe it could be a compromise ? 

We need to know more about it really I suppose.

Well blow me down! No more ‘swampy’ for you Wilf! :laugh:

Genuinely though, fair play for looking at it with an open mind.

• Like 1

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

No one forced the young man to take out a 35 year debt, it’s part of the problem everyone wants it now and pay for it later, greb is a prime example moaning he can’t earn enough to live on yet a short while ago asking which car he should buy, Audi or merc, my answer would have been neither but one you can actually afford,  I sacrificed a lot worked my but off and payed off my mortgage as soon as possible, I,ve never owned a vehicle that cost more than a grand and most half of that, as I,ve mentioned before I am uneducated have no qualifications, and spent a few of my early years in Borstals and prison I have no family to help me in any way and have done everything myself, it’s why I have very little sympathy for anyone that is physically fit and able, if you don’t like your situation make sacrifices and change it ???

It's like this, it's what you want in life. 

I like my creature comforts, decent car, gadgets, Sky Sports, nice house, holidays, etc. 

It's just that on my wage alone we can't really save up, I'm not moaning about it just stating the facts. 

I personally can't understand those that want to be the richest in the graveyard but each to their own I suppose. 

• Like 1

Though I agree with the comments on the credit culture we have I don’t think it’s fair to treat mortgages the same. There simply isn’t an alternative. Renting would kill your savings and inflation constantly pushes the amount needed up. What’s the alternative?

The reality is that young people are doing well to be mortgaged these days. Never mind buying outright. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

No one forced the young man to take out a 35 year debt, it’s part of the problem everyone wants it now and pay for it late

They did force him, in the sense that he could have had it paid by the state, should only wealthy people go to uni? Should we not commend people whom are academic?

Housing will be the next problem, I'm waiting on selling my place abroad not so I can buy something here but so I can borrow enough to get a 25yr mortgage for somewhere half the size. I read bits about how single mum lived on nothing for ten years, now mortgage free, but how much have her kids gone without regards experiences and time as a family etc, it's a difficult balance, and unless you're left property you're a bit stuck if you want to buy something that isn't in a ghetto or deprived area, I've made my priority my kids , I want them to have stability and loads of life experience and trying to fund it and save isn't really an option at present.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Borr said:

Housing will be the next problem, I'm waiting on selling my place abroad not so I can buy something here but so I can borrow enough to get a 25yr mortgage for somewhere half the size. I read bits about how single mum lived on nothing for ten years, now mortgage free, but how much have her kids gone without regards experiences and time as a family etc, it's a difficult balance, and unless you're left property you're a bit stuck if you want to buy something that isn't in a ghetto or deprived area, I've made my priority my kids , I want them to have stability and loads of life experience and trying to fund it and save isn't really an option at present.

And that mate, is fundamentally wrong all the time your money is just being frittered away by those at the top on utter tat and to keep them and their mates sorted.

44 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's like this, it's what you want in life. 

I like my creature comforts, decent car, gadgets, Sky Sports, nice house, holidays, etc. 

It's just that on my wage alone we can't really save up, I'm not moaning about it just stating the facts. 

I personally can't understand those that want to be the richest in the graveyard but each to their own I suppose. 

But if you didn’t have your nice car. Sky sports and put that money away you would save 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, WILF said:

And that mate, is fundamentally wrong all the time your money is just being frittered away by those at the top on utter tat and to keep them and their mates sorted.

Depressing isn't it ?, but it life's not too bad, got to focus on the good times ?

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well blow me down! No more ‘swampy’ for you Wilf! :laugh:

Genuinely though, fair play for looking at it with an open mind.

If allowed us to do other things better then compromise may have to be what we do.

Im still no fan of the great big, kill everything within a 100 miles Nuclear power stations…..it’s just not worth the risk on an island as small as ours, but if something smaller, safer that could be more easily contained presented itself then you’d seriously have to look at it imho.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Borr said:

They did force him, in the sense that he could have had it paid by the state, should only wealthy people go to uni? Should we not commend people whom are academic?

32 minutes ago, Borr said:

My daughter went through uni and left with close to 30k debt ( first person ever in my family which I’m extremely proud of) , she works and earns well, when she could not get on the property ladder she took out a 5 year loan and rather than spending it on cars and holidays she bought a boat,which she has lived on, the loan repayments were less than rent and she has almost payed it off, her boat is now worth between 40/50k which she can use as a deposit if she wishes to, the amount of people we know that visit us and say oh what a lovely way of life but I could never live like that, whilst living in a house with empty rooms full of unworn shoes and clothing in and driving a car that only the rich would have owned 30 years back, it’s about choice, we live a frugal life but have lots to show and pass on to our kids, here is my heating for the next 24hrs, costs nothing but graft same as I will have to go home and clean out last nights ash, I could flick a switch and use the heating but it defeats the principle of my life,,,   A man is rich in the things he can live without ????

95B69DF2-B9EE-42DD-A800-538F28BCFCA0.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Depressing isn't it ?, but it life's not too bad, got to focus on the good times ?

Too right mate, I just think saying stuff out loud puts it at the front of peoples mind which, if there is ever a hope of better, is where it needs to be.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My daughter went through uni and left with close to 30k debt ( first person ever in my family which I’m extremely proud of) , she works and earns well, when she could not get on the property ladder she took out a 5 year loan and rather than spending it on cars and holidays she bought a boat,which she has lived on, the loan repayments were less than rent and she has almost payed it off, her boat is now worth between 40/50k which she can use as a deposit if she wishes to, the amount of people we know that visit us and say oh what a lovely way of life but I could never live like that, whilst living in a house with empty rooms full of unworn shoes and clothing in and driving a car that only the rich would have owned 30 years back, it’s about choice, we live a frugal life but have lots to show and pass on to our kids, here is my heating for the next 24hrs, costs nothing but graft same as I will have to go home and clean out last nights ash, I could flick a switch and use the heating but it defeats the principle of my life,,,   A man is rich in the things he can live without ????

95B69DF2-B9EE-42DD-A800-538F28BCFCA0.jpeg

Those sinks will never burn ……

• Haha 6
29 minutes ago, socks said:

Those sinks will never burn ……

I also pick up taps pipe and anything else of value, again more trouble than it’s worth for most, back of my van is full of it, I can earn around an extra 5k a year by picking up other people’s rubbish, again below most people today, 

23 minutes ago, poxon said:

No but they have brass taps on that a worth a couple o quid might have enough for a bag of coal ??

Coal costs money, makes a lot of dust and gets on your chest, 10 mins on the drop saw will give me 24hrs of burning, plus I,m at work being payed as well as saving on skips ✌️✌️✌️✌️ all done and bagged ready for a cozy night of free heat ?

6C54F30B-94BF-4AC7-AABB-864E4C850C89.jpeg

F707E13B-BEFB-443B-B90D-4020CB882ACD.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 7