do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

It's a feckin joke, I couldn't get in anywhere so I'm on unpaid holiday till sanity prevails again. 

I'm not due in to work while Wednesday and I've only got about 100 mile left on the clock, I think tomorrow I'm going to blast around town till I'm on red and get the rest of the week off... ?

• Like 2

This is happening across the manual labour market, everyone wants to work in IT no one wants dirty hands and a bad back, we have not invested in the next generation and as us old feckers leave our occupations there is no one taking our place the manual work market is propped up by old feckers, in the last year I,ve worked with with more people over 50 than under 30 s, not good for the future, this is a result of decades of not investing in our own but reliance on cheap foreign labour ? 

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, Greyman said:

This is happening across the manual labour market, everyone wants to work in IT no one wants dirty hands and a bad back, we have not invested in the next generation and as us old feckers leave our occupations there is no one taking our place the manual work market is propped up by old feckers, in the last year I,ve worked with with more people over 50 than under 30 s, not good for the future, this is a result of decades of not investing in our own but reliance on cheap foreign labour ? 

Your correct it's happening in every trade. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I’m a brickie, I’m 40 yrs old and it’s rare to see many trowels younger than me 

• Like 2

If nobody wants to get their hands dirty or risk getting a bad back how will investing solve any of that? 

If young people want to go in to IT then that's their choice isn't it? 

As for no young tradesman, there's plenty around these parts. 

53 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Rising labour costs? Is that not project fear?

It's harder to get a trade or follow a grafting route. My lad is 15 and considering options. Everything is built around getting them into further education. The barriers against leaving school and starting work are constantly increasing. 

There are apprenticeships but they are being increasingly tied to education, qualifications and colleges. This might sound a better system but in practice it just isn't. By the time young lads are through 2 extra years at college, if they make it they are being signposted to further qualifications and 'better' jobs. 

But all this fits in with the agenda of getting people into debt the 'invisible' prison while swamping the country with even more migrants. Get British people into new build estates and bring cheap labour in to build em. 

Between 16 and 18 I had worked on farms, done relief work on an estate in the North East and lived in a caravan in Cheshire for a season on a game farm.....and that was before I even decided what I ultimately wanted to do. My lad simply couldn't have that freedom 

"I like the nordic model. Big wages (Not me), high taxes (Yes) which even the right accept as morally just (Yes most of the rich people accept the taxes but Sweden has very generous ways of tax avoiding for rich people not for workers who pay the main part of the tax). Result? No tent cities, no child poverty (Child poverty exist but the level are lower than in UK), dignity at work no matter what your status (Migrant truckdrivers are not getting dignity on work, and the Swedish ones are priced out). The nordic people actually trust their politicians (nope many polititians trade their values away to be able to stay in power) FFS!  All the nordic countries are big on the environment, pensions ( I dont expect my pension to be high enough to live on to many old people has to be supported and to few young workers. Old people votes in elections so no polititian will make pension lower to save for the next generation.) and state medicine and social care. Finland is, to me, a fantastic country (Yes Finland has the best medical care and school system). Its people are officially the happiest in the world. There's no such thing as social class, no monarchy and they have a strong military presence (Its based on conscription so its possible to call in many soldiers but the standing military are small.) They are also big on freedom and field sports (Finland has relaxed gun rules and a lot of opportunitys for hunting even for less wealthy people). There is a bit of racism there so even Wilf would be happy."

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

It's harder to get a trade or follow a grafting route. My lad is 15 and considering options. Everything is built around getting them into further education. The barriers against leaving school and starting work are constantly increasing. 

There are apprenticeships but they are being increasingly tied to education, qualifications and colleges. This might sound a better system but in practice it just isn't. By the time young lads are through 2 extra years at college, if they make it they are being signposted to further qualifications and 'better' jobs. 

But all this fits in with the agenda of getting people into debt the 'invisible' prison while swamping the country with even more migrants. Get British people into new build estates and bring cheap labour in to build em. 

Between 16 and 18 I had worked on farms, done relief work on an estate in the North East and lived in a caravan in Cheshire for a season on a game farm.....and that was before I even decided what I ultimately wanted to do. My lad simply couldn't have that freedom 

But if your lad goes on to earn double the amount of you a year in IT or whatever then what's the problem? 

Edited by Greb147
15 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But if your lad goes on to earn double the amount of you a year then what's the problem? 

Does the real nub of it revert back to young want an easier life than their forefathers……

why did we invent the wheel? 

Who wants to hop pick in Kent….toil on the land…..wages will not rise because they is not enough people to do the work…..or who want to…some lads will turn cash but not enough…so more migrants needed or buy from cheaper economies….

Edited by VOON