do not panic there is no fuel left ffs

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Social media driven and attracted the same toilet roll bread hoarders who don’t work  while all the nurses doctors home help carers and other services get fkd over by the Twitter wankers 

Zip  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

I dont think people actually realized how f****d up Britain was  and it couldent run a clown show the rest worlds laughing at us youl only realize it if you've traveled 

20210922_203631.jpg

Of course they realised mate, them and people like them did it !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the uks biggest dairy suppliers and  The biggest independent veg trader told the uk dept of transport this would happen at exactly this time post brexit 

But we’re ignored 

We can’t keep blaming brexit , we can though blame those clowns in charge of it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Inflation has a bit to do with it, when there is demand wages increase, many companies have based their model on a certain labour cost, that no longer exists to them, until wages go up it's not going to get better, I'd work locally and lots of jobs but you can earn more working on a checkout in lidls. People will have to pay more for food and fuel, it's going to be tough for many for a few years....house market has ground to a stop , no property on the market at the lower levels...

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Borr said:

Inflation has a bit to do with it, when there is demand wages increase, many companies have based their model on a certain labour cost, that no longer exists to them, until wages go up it's not going to get better, I'd work locally and lots of jobs but you can earn more working on a checkout in lidls. People will have to pay more for food and fuel, it's going to be tough for many for a few years....house market has ground to a stop , no property on the market at the lower levels...

Fuuck right off mate. I'd have every scrote and dosser on benefits shipped to the farms to pick, shipped to the sites as labourers, fuucking taught how to drive a lorry, stitch a wound, deliver a baby etc or gan fuuck yourselves. Foreigners living in Blighty would be all over that before the shit we've bred!

Fat cnut Carol with missing teeth, 6 kids to 7 dads and a 40 a day habit isn't gonna clean her act and go back at it. Neither are the waste cnut fathers!

That there family in Morcombe, have my absolute admiration. 20something kids and not a penny taken from the rest! Great example imo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The brother in law is a  HGV lorry driver. He was made redundant a couple of years ago and really struggled to get a new job. Every time he applied for a position the job had already gone. In thd end he took on  a job on 7.5t vehicles at a lot less money. There is something not right about this story.  

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Fuuck right off mate. I'd have every scrote and dosser on benefits shipped to the farms to pick, shipped to the sites as labourers, fuucking taught how to drive a lorry, stitch a wound, deliver a baby etc or gan fuuck yourselves. Foreigners living in Blighty would be all over that before the shit we've bred!

Fat cnut Carol with missing teeth, 6 kids to 7 dads and a 40 a day habit isn't gonna clean her act and go back at it. Neither are the waste cnut fathers!

That there family in Morcombe, have my absolute admiration. 20something kids and not a penny taken from the rest! Great example imo.

Why punish the thing they created mate ?

We didn’t want the hearts ripped out of our communities.

We didn’t want to be stripped of our pride and our identity.

We didn’t want them to make us nothing in our own land.

But they did and more fool us, we kept voting for it and still are……don’t blame the fatalities, blame the disease !

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Why punish the thing they created mate ?

We didn’t want the hearts ripped out of our communities.

We didn’t want to be stripped of our pride and our identity.

We didn’t want them to make us nothing in our own land.

But they did and more fool us, we kept voting for it and still are……don’t blame the fatalities, blame the disease !

It's not punishment... it's re-education ??

4 hours ago, king said:

This truck driver is spot on........

So, you are running out of food on the shelves, fuel in the garages, you can’t buy things you need, because the shops can’t get their supplies.
Why is that?  
A shortage of goods?  No
A shortage of money?  No
A shortage of drivers to deliver the goods?  Well, sort of.
There isn’t actually a shortage of drivers, what we have, is a shortage of people who can drive, that are willing to drive any more.  You might wonder why that is.  I can’t answer for all drivers, but I can give you the reason I no longer drive.  Driving was something I always yearned to do as a young boy, and as soon as I could, I managed to get my driving licence, I even joined the army to get my HGV licence faster, I held my licence at the age of 17.  It was all I ever wanted to do, drive trucks, I had that vision of being a knight of the roads, bringing the goods to everyone, providing a service everyone needed.  What I didn’t take into account was the absolute abuse my profession would get over the years.
I have seen a massive decline in the respect this trade has, first, it was the erosion of truck parking and transport café’s, then it was the massive increase in restricting where I could stop, timed weight limits in just about every city and town, but not all the time, you can get there to do your delivery, but you can’t stay there, nobody wants an empty truck, nobody wants you there once they have what they did want.
Compare France to the UK.  I can park in nearly every town or village, they have marked truck parking bays, and somewhere nearby, will be a small routier, where I can get a meal and a shower, the locals respect me, and have no problems with me or my truck being there for the night.
Go out onto the motorway services, and I can park for no cost, go into the service area, and get a shower for a minimal cost, and have freshly cooked food, I even get to jump the queues, because others know that my time is limited, and respect I am there because it is my job.  Add to that, I even get a 20% discount of all I purchase.  Compare that to the UK £25-£40 just to park overnight, dirty showers, and expensive, dried (under heat lamps) food that is overpriced, and I have no choice but to park there, because you don’t want me in your towns and cities.
Ask yourself how you would feel, if doing your job actually cost you money at the end of the day, just so you could rest.
But that isn’t the half of it.  Not only have we been rejected from our towns and cities, but we have also suffered massive pay cuts, because of the influx of foreign drivers willing to work for a wage that is high where they come from, companies eagerly recruited from the eastern bloc, who can blame them, why pay good money when you can get cheap labour, and a never ending supply of it as well.  Never mind that their own countries would suffer from a shortage themselves, that was never our problem, they could always get people from further afield if they needed drivers.
We were once seen as knights of the road, now we are seen as the lepers of society.  Why would anyone want to go back to that?
If you are worried about not getting supplies on your supermarket shelves, ask your local council just how well they cater for trucks in your district.
I know Canterbury has the grand total of zero truck parking facilities, but does have a lot of restrictions, making it difficult for trucks to stop anywhere.
Do you want me to go back to driving trucks?  Give me a good reason to do so.  Give anyone a good reason to take it up as a profession.
Perhaps once you work out why you can’t, you will understand why your shelves are not as full as they could be.
I tried it for over 30 years, but will never go back, you just couldn't pay me enough.

Thank you to all those people who have shared this post.  I never expected such a massive response, but am glad that this message is getting out there.  I really hope that some people who are in a position to change just how bad it is for some drivers, can influence the powers that be to make changes for the better.  Perhaps some city and town councillors have seen this, and are willing to bring up these issues at their council meetings.  It surely cannot be too much to ask of a town/city to provide facilities for those who are doing so much to make sure their economies run and their shops and businesses are stocked with supplies.  I never wanted any luxuries, just somewhere safe to park, and some basic ablutions that are maintained to a reasonable standard.  I spent my nights away from my home and family for you, how much is it to ask that you at least give me access to some basic services.
There are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of licence holders just like me, who will no longer tolerate the conditions.  So the ball is firmly in the court of the councils to solve this problem.

You have hit the nail on the head mate I’m the same as you and keep getting offered these type of jobs,I said why to get shafted and stay away from home for feck all,no thanks.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, lurchers said:

You have hit the nail on the head mate I’m the same as you and keep getting offered these type of jobs,I said why to get shafted and stay away from home for feck all,no thanks.

I didn't write it mate..I copied it from a post I read earlier. I drive plant.but I don't blame you for not working away in a wagon ?

I have behaved and not been to get diesel until I need to, just like we were asked. Set off this morning at 8.30am and everywhere sold out, went to 4 supermarkets and all empty. 

Eventually found one that had 2 pumps with diesel only, queued for 20 mins. 

All full now which is a relief as I'm booked solid tomorrow with 14 jobs across the North West. I can't see this getting better any time soon so it's going to be a long winter.