Current variation times

Anyone put a variation in recently?

Sent my ticket back 1st August. Only asking to add fac air onto it.

Spoke to them today & they still haven't done it, citing the Plymouth tragedy & manpower etc. 

53 days + counting seems bit much to my mind.... 

??

2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

I can’t see what the Plymouth shootings has to do with variations. My last variation took just over a week last year. But then, who knows, sometimes seems no rhyme or reason ?‍♂️

They will use it as an excuse for incompetence and/or laziness.

• Like 2

Put in for a variation 6/7 weeks ago with D&C. Moved a LR on last Christmas and wanted to do a 1-4-1 but website said no and kept moving the goalposts as to when possible 

Variation dropped on mat yesterday at, to see variation granted and cheque returned so honouring the 1-4-1 ?. Downside, my two remaining LR’s were missing off certificate although ammo allowance still on
Pre COVID D&C were around one week from personal experience 

Those times are unbelievably quick considering that in previous years before covid, cert applications or variations disapeared into a black hole. Renewals took months towards a year and they were handing out section 7's like leaves on the wind.  So what was the excuse back then.?  I seem to remember that it was lack of staff or some lame reason. Their oxygen thieves the lot of them.

• Like 1