Lima.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the old deer/grey cross Lima put down today. 12 1/2 year old, retired her at 10. She had mammary tumours for a while, which didn't seem to bother her, but it spread to her lungs and I di

I laugh and joke (and genuinely cry about this lad here).. he's a dog/mate I can rely on (to cause chaos and make me cry/laugh ?). When it's time, it'll break my heart!

RIP Lima. They give you years of memory's, tears and laughter then break your heart.   

Posted Images

On 24/09/2021 at 05:18, chartpolski said:

Had the old deer/grey cross Lima put down today.

12 1/2 year old, retired her at 10.

She had mammary tumours for a while, which didn't seem to bother her, but it spread to her lungs and I didn't want to see her suffer so the deed was done.

First cross deer/greys seem to have gone well out of fashion these days, and are derided by some, but were the go to dogs back before the Saluki crosses came along, up here at least !

Lima was a decent bitch, all round, considering she was 29" and around 75 lb.

She lamped and took daytime hare, fox and roe; had her first go on the white hares up the Cairngorms at 8 1/2, and took her only fallow at 9.

Not a world beater, but a reliable dog to have around, biddable, quiet in the kennel, and a pot filler.

IMG_0251.JPG.1453ae2abe7ad9807d1e9ba67b76ef71.JPG

Ive got her replacement here, Nancy, same way bred, 4 1/2 month old;

FullSizeRender.jpg.cdffaa263f05a232cfb0c274cb38c436.jpg

If she does as well as Lima, I'll be happy.

Cheers.

its strange how breeds or certain cross breeds come & go but for some die hold followers they never go out in the first place, you are one such person ,hope you enjoy this bitch as much as your other, who did you proud I'm sure.   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, toolebox said:

its strange how breeds or certain cross breeds come & go but for some die hold followers they never go out in the first place, you are one such person ,hope you enjoy this bitch as much as your other, who did you proud I'm sure.   

Nah, he just likes collecting rosettes.???? I'm only winding you up CP, she was a stunning specimen.

6 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Nah, he just likes collecting rosettes.???? I'm only winding you up CP, she was a stunning specimen.

6 hours ago, jukel123 said:

It's a b*****d when you turn up at a show, and you're the only one in the class;

IMG_0560.JPG.a09ebf27c6ddc3ecdad28fd8d3ab7254.JPG

????

Cheers.

On 23/09/2021 at 18:18, chartpolski said:

Had the old deer/grey cross Lima put down today.

12 1/2 year old, retired her at 10.

She had mammary tumours for a while, which didn't seem to bother her, but it spread to her lungs and I didn't want to see her suffer so the deed was done.

First cross deer/greys seem to have gone well out of fashion these days, and are derided by some, but were the go to dogs back before the Saluki crosses came along, up here at least !

Lima was a decent bitch, all round, considering she was 29" and around 75 lb.

She lamped and took daytime hare, fox and roe; had her first go on the white hares up the Cairngorms at 8 1/2, and took her only fallow at 9.

Not a world beater, but a reliable dog to have around, biddable, quiet in the kennel, and a pot filler.

IMG_0251.JPG.1453ae2abe7ad9807d1e9ba67b76ef71.JPG

Ive got her replacement here, Nancy, same way bred, 4 1/2 month old;

FullSizeRender.jpg.cdffaa263f05a232cfb0c274cb38c436.jpg

If she does as well as Lima, I'll be happy.

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that chart

Just lost a dog at over 16 teen years old who I thought would have lived longer as physically he was still fit ,but stroke it was not nice happened in morning when kids were up not a nice to see,,so much so my wife wants me to put down my other dog at 14teen next month but I can't do that. I said to her

Edited by MR RABBIT
9 minutes ago, MR RABBIT said:

Sorry to hear that chart

Just lost a dog at over 16 teen years old who I thought would have lived longer as physically he was still fit ,but stroke it was not nice happened in morning when kids were up not a nice to see,,so much so my wife wants me to put down my other dog at 14teen next month but I can't do that. I said to her

Hi, Bob. Yeah it never gets any easier, no matter how long you've had dogs or how old they are.

Ive got the pup now, and hopefully I'll have a run or two up over the border with Davey when she's a bit older ?

Cheers.

• Like 2