Lawn Mower Reccomendations?

Ok. Bought a Bosch Rotak 32R.

In next to no time, it simply stopped cutting grass. Everything 'worked'. Just didn't touch the grass any more.

Bosch support are absolutely fukking useless. Amazon have been super excellent and offered to send me a new one, before I even have to send this one back!

But, I figure, it's obviously something simple which I'm just missing. It's the height setting of the wheels.

Blah, blah, blah. Fukk You, Bosch! I'll get another make. " Flymo " look alright. Husqvarna! I'll just check the comments .....

" Mine simply stopped cutting grass. Everything 'worked'. Just didn't touch the grass any more. I figure, it's obviously something simple which I'm just missing. It's the height setting of the wheels. "

Replies: " Yes!!! They Do this! Mine has! Fukking Useless! Blah, blah, blah! "

Oh ..... So, I thought, 'How about a Hover? Avoid these fukking wheels altogether.'

" Flymo Hover? We had our last one fifteen years. It was brilliant! Now? They're a piece of shit! Flimsy fukking plastic! Complete junk! Fukk Flymo! "

Oh dear god!!! :(

Anyone suggest a mower worth even fukking looking at then, please? Small bit of grass. Looking at around the ton mark. Or, should I just borrow a fukking donkey?!

Thanks, Francie. But, I think we'd may as well assume / accept that petrol mowers are just too much. I'm looking at a ton or so. Those things tend to Start at five ton!

Seriously; I've trawled Amazon. Everywhere ye fukking look, it's those wheels! There's petrol mowers (We've done them).

There's electric, rotary mowers ~ All seem to have this same, totally fukkable ~ wheel based height adjustment.

There's hovers. Seems they're all absolute shit these days. Husky's probably shipped out to you know where :(

Even a metal pusher costs £60+! I've actually got one of those, buried in the ~ ironically! ~ Long Fukking Grass, somewhere! Starting to wonder if I should just try digging That out?

And, Socks? Please don't mention goats. It makes LPD think of their young, and he gets all excited.

13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Thanks, Francie. But, I think we'd may as well assume / accept that petrol mowers are just too much. I'm looking at a ton or so. Those things tend to Start at five ton!

Seriously; I've trawled Amazon. Everywhere ye fukking look, it's those wheels! There's petrol mowers (We've done them).

There's electric, rotary mowers ~ All seem to have this same, totally fukkable ~ wheel based height adjustment.

There's hovers. Seems they're all absolute shit these days. Husky's probably shipped out to you know where :(

Even a metal pusher costs £60+! I've actually got one of those, buried in the ~ ironically! ~ Long Fukking Grass, somewhere! Starting to wonder if I should just try digging That out?

And, Socks? Please don't mention goats. It makes LPD think of their young, and he gets all excited.

Get the scythe out ken lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Francie said:

Get the scythe out ken lol

Get the other Ken to make one for you and we could get a proper thread going about a bloke with 2 fingers left and some decrepit old cnut thats collapsed in a heap after 2 swipes of a bluntened blood splattered scythe

• Haha 4

I've got four mowers, only one of them works. Last year an old John Deere self-propelled that a customer gave me and I renovated threw a bolt after the alloy engine casing cracked. No bother, I had another that I had been given and renovated. Today the ride on stopped working. I couldn't get it started even after fitting a new plug and cleaning the fuel system so I had to push it back to the basement and get the second old John Deere self-propelled out to finish off. Ten minutes later the wheel fell off. The bolt had sheared meaning it isn't a simple fix. Into the depths of the basement and ouf with a MuCuloch that we bought new ten years ago and the gearbox went shortly after the guarantee expired. It hasn't seen the light of day for over three years since I got the John Deeres. Wouldn't start as can be expected  but I did get it going eventually. So, I ended up cutting about a quarter of an acre of grass with the petrol push mower. This was after barrowing two cubes of logs down the garden and stacking them.

That goat is starting to look attractive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1