CRAYFISH

1 hour ago, big sid said:

are they big enough for eating micky and how do you prepare then or is a case of purge them boil them and eat. 

I cut them through the Spinal Cord and stab them in the Nut because i like to do things like that ! then my Mrs  twists the middle Tail Feather  Left then Right  {you will hear a Click each time } then slowly pull the Fin and the Bile Duct will slide out ,then place in Cold Water bring to the Boil then Boil for three Minuets after this time  place in ice cold Water to stop them cooking. Then you twist the Tale off and peel the like a Prawn ,on the larger ones it is worth cracking the large Claws  as you  will extract a Teaspoon of Meat  from each one.   We do it this way because then there is no need to Purge them  and is much easier to remove the Bile Duct which must be done anyway . We use them in a sauce with Pasts . 

Not the best of pictures but one nipped Mrs and drew Blood  after it had its Nut chopped off 

IMG_20210922_141402.jpg

• Like 1