Pocket knives

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. 'All' kids carried a sheaf knife, when they were off into the countryside, eh, Tats? I guess the difference then was that it would never enter our tiny little minds to actually pull it out a

Same as an air rifle, when was the last time you seen a lad walk along the road with a sleeved rifle over his shoulder and dog at heel, ffs it's armed response now not PC Plod on his bike asking did y

2 of my favorites  from my collection are Solingen  handmade bulldog knives made from English steel.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

thats the problem,..the price...pm me a rough estimate just out of curiosity please ,

id hate to spend big money on it and then loose it or be afraid to use it over the cost ...

WWW.LOZHARROP.COM

loz harrop.com hand made knives and tools in england using the finest steels including hand made damascus and...

Have a look through his site mate.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Stockpot said:

I'm no knife expert, but I think they call the spike a Marlin spike. It's used when you're splicing and knotting rope.

?

Well bloody hell that’s taken over four decades to learn that I always thought it was a horse tool but then I also never new it was Navy issue Sea Horses it is then KD ? 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Well bloody hell that’s taken over four decades to learn that I always thought it was a horse tool but then I also never new it was Navy issue Sea Horses it is then KD ? 

,I owned the same knife as a kid and was told when I bought it the spike was for removing stones from horses hooves as well ??

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

,I owned the same knife as a kid and was told when I bought it the spike was for removing stones from horses hooves as well ??

I always thought it was a sort of farriers knife every days a school day as they say, wish I still had it amongst a lot of other knives that have passed through my hands I tend to look after things a bit better these days, I’ve just been looking at the Loz Harrop link above works of art something you would keep for life. 

3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I always thought it was a sort of farriers knife every days a school day as they say, wish I still had it amongst a lot of other knives that have passed through my hands I tend to look after things a bit better these days, I’ve just been looking at the Loz Harrop link above works of art something you would keep for life. 

They are even nicer in the hand too. I'm a lazy useless fecker when it comes to looking after tools which stops me buying a nice one off him. I really want one of them chef knives though.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Yes. He can make anything,  really clever bloke. 

Didn’t realise he was still going . Thought he’d sold the lure business to someone and retired , didn’t know he was into knife making aswell 

2 hours ago, neil r said:

Didn’t realise he was still going . Thought he’d sold the lure business to someone and retired , didn’t know he was into knife making aswell 

He stopped making the lures a good while ago. Check out his YouTube channel. 

• Like 1
WWW.ALLABOUTPOCKETKNIVES.COM

Here’s the new condition without the tube stag handle 2008number 73 single blade liner

1579022607_2937_1.jpg

this ,i must add would be my all time favourite EDC,pocket knife...i like the old style look and unassuming style ,but it would be fit for a lot of situations ..

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1