Pocket knives

DSC_0633.JPG.55c3a98b140f26fc0385e279e33b1cb6.JPGIMG_20200606_131636_445.jpg.afe9da6613fbfb1ce07aaf82afa0c843.jpg

11 hours ago, sussex said:

I had one of those buck hook knives for over  twenty years , it was the bollocks , I dropped it and broke the hook of and luckily my pal was over in the states at the time and brought me one back …the difference in quality was unbelievable ..it was the black rubber handled version ..absolute different class from the original ..they must be having them made in China now ..

Every day knife is the opinal 6 ..stalking pocket knife was the aka Swedish same orange one as Walshie’s ..?

The folder my Mrs bought for me a good 16/17 yrs ago when we first met,direct from the USA,holds a good edge,the fixed blade isn't as good quality wise tbh,think I got it from the old DJ LITTZ in Newport Gwent,would be 10 yrs ago maybe longer?

Socks made me a little beauty to my spec few seasons ago..

• Like 3

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. 'All' kids carried a sheaf knife, when they were off into the countryside, eh, Tats? I guess the difference then was that it would never enter our tiny little minds to actually pull it out a

Same as an air rifle, when was the last time you seen a lad walk along the road with a sleeved rifle over his shoulder and dog at heel, ffs it's armed response now not PC Plod on his bike asking did y

2 of my favorites  from my collection are Solingen  handmade bulldog knives made from English steel.  

Posted Images

My every day carry, never leave home without it, not legal in the uk but hey I use it everyday so consider that a valid reason to carry, really good quality blade, bit of a b*****d to get razor sharp but holds an edge for ages when it’s done, would be lost without it and often wonder how people manage that don’t carry one 

33078F2B-3F6A-4434-A19D-D5DA0DDF0CFE.jpeg

0DF600B9-9296-4D7A-A93D-3CD3543AADFE.jpeg

48BD5CAA-0D81-430B-8910-A4223D0E8096.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, gnipper said:

The newer stainless ones with different handles are better than the original carbon bladed beech handles though.

:icon_eek: Stainless? With different handles??? First I've heard of them!

Good god! Ye right! I just googled them!

Well, this is Most interesting! See; I normally have my mate, the Butcher, run mine up his steel. Last time, I'm sure he said something to the effect of; " I'm afraid it's now fukked. We're past the 'edge bearing' steel and it won't work any more. "

I never really gave it a lot of thought, to be honest. Put it back in my pouch and, truth be told? I honestly haven't had a need of it since! Just not been cutting any bailer twine lately.

Hmm. Might I treat myself to a brand new one then? :D

Ooh!!!

Grey, Laminated Birch?

Birch.jpg.767219f53d1ff5a77bbe5e47818a955d.jpg

Or Black?

Black.jpg.6c18e2a3760bea09103d527d197f6830.jpg

Fukk me! It's a tough call! :boogy:

• Like 1

It's a small opinel for me. I have recently found an old knife I bought as a 13 year old from the old army navy stores along with a few mates who bought the same knife wich we then coverd the sheaf with a treated rabbit skin and nobody batterd an eylid when they saw us walking through the streets on our way to our hunting grounds. Lol.

20210923_110054.jpg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Yep. 'All' kids carried a sheaf knife, when they were off into the countryside, eh, Tats?

I guess the difference then was that it would never enter our tiny little minds to actually pull it out and stick it in anyone! We never dreamed of a knife being a weapon.

Same as an air rifle, when was the last time you seen a lad walk along the road with a sleeved rifle over his shoulder and dog at heel, ffs it's armed response now not PC Plod on his bike asking did you have any joy

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Yep. 'All' kids carried a sheaf knife, when they were off into the countryside, eh, Tats?

I guess the difference then was that it would never enter our tiny little minds to actually pull it out and stick it in anyone! We never dreamed of a knife being a weapon.

With our merry gang it was usually the shitbeds and slag heaps and industrial waste lands that were our hunting grounds. Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 21/09/2021 at 20:18, Wolfdog91 said:

Just curious what's eveyone use for their everyday pocket knife ? I've about feel in love with this little CRKT.fits the hand amazingly , full Tang  and after I re found the bevel it keeps a really really nicer edge. Does near about everyone cutting boxes at work to zipping open critters from squirrels to hogs. Nice little deal for less then $30 ?IMG_20210921_141150125.jpg.5d57b76d9db0b34dab2b575710f0d7b3.jpgIMG_20210921_141203443.jpg.7db656d4da9299cb41d5f510b1cd174e.jpg

Anyhow what's eveyone elese like ?

Trust me you Americans have the life. Defo fight to keep it, over here the bad guys have the weapons already so most of the population is fecked if the camel jockeys go on the rampage

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's a small opinel for me. I have recently found an old knife I bought as a 13 year old from the old army navy stores along with a few mates who bought the same knife wich we then coverd the sheaf with a treated rabbit skin and nobody batterd an eylid when they saw us walking through the streets on our way to our hunting grounds. Lol.

20210923_110054.jpg

I think every kid had one of them small Bowie type knives growing up... I know I did and all my mates? along with a small hatchet and wire saw ...off building dens??

• Like 4
1 hour ago, brambles said:

Same as an air rifle, when was the last time you seen a lad walk along the road with a sleeved rifle over his shoulder and dog at heel, ffs it's armed response now not PC Plod on his bike asking did you have any joy

Used to walk through the streets with a BSA snipe single barrel early 90's and an old rusty bailikal?4/5 of you with shovels,terriers and what ever else was about..we would dig where we wanted...been caught a good few times... answer was always the same...Knock the f***ing door next time?get a parent to drive us from Wales to a place called the Barn,Oxford way or the big bowl in lamborne,and pick us up a few days later...we used to go home with untold shit in the boot? wouldn't dream of even walking anywhere these days without written permission...how the times have changed eh?

• Like 3