After a bull x pup

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s strange ain’t it you got blokes on here moaning you can’t get a decent pup because of all the crap being bred you got blokes taking pups out of bitches that are a couple of years old because they

You can laugh. But how many dog men are breeding their bitches in the hunting season ? 

Hard going trying to get a pup from proper breeding now, most of what you see being advertised is scatter bred shite that’s never seen a decent shift in there life’s 

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

So a bloke who cant get his hands on a decent bred half x should breed his own, dont you think he might struggle with the main ingredients

Your not wrong. Either way he's going to struggle if he's not in the know. He'll need to 'get in' with lads running decent bred halfxs which is going to be hard cause let's face it...if they are good, who's going to give one to a stranger? Or he could try find a stud to put over a greyhound bitch, which again is going to be difficult. But then again, there are some good dog lads out there who may be happy to help out someone if they show themselves keen enough. It can be done.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Marvel said:

I agree with what your saying BUT if you’re not in the know to be able to buy a pup of this breeding then it naturally follows that you won’t be able to breed one either ??‍♂️

True mate, but the breeding and the running of them don't always run in the same circles...so whatever comes along first, if your keen enough, then go for?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Out of curiosity, why do folk want 1st xs? I’d always prefer a Lurcher to Lurcher bred half x if that’s the amounts of bull and grey I wanted in a dog. Just interested 

For one thing you would know what's in it from the start if you were that way inclined to be a bit more particular. The amount of litters you see at a glance these days, whatever cross it may be where it's said 'we own both sire and dam' some look like they could easily be brother and sister. Just something I've noticed over the years, and I wouldn't put it passed some who are breeding for the money at times.

• Like 1
On 23/09/2021 at 18:51, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

For one thing you would know what's in it from the start if you were that way inclined to be a bit more particular. The amount of litters you see at a glance these days, whatever cross it may be where it's said 'we own both sire and dam' some look like they could easily be brother and sister. Just something I've noticed over the years, and I wouldn't put it passed some who are breeding for the money at times.

the bull x lads think thats linebreeding lol brother sister father daughter