After a bull x pup

It’s strange ain’t it you got blokes on here moaning you can’t get a decent pup because of all the crap being bred you got blokes taking pups out of bitches that are a couple of years old because they know there breeding and you have the blokes that say it’s the man at the end of the lead that makes a dog then you got the dudes that moan about a scatter bred dogs bit ironic ain’t it that some of the best Lurchers out there are bits an Bob bred dogs same dudes moaning have never had a decent dog worth breeding or they would never have the need to be looking on peddling groups like fb they would breed there own for there needs what they want out a dog an think fukc everyone else’s needs or there opinions 

• Like 7

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s strange ain’t it you got blokes on here moaning you can’t get a decent pup because of all the crap being bred you got blokes taking pups out of bitches that are a couple of years old because they

You can laugh. But how many dog men are breeding their bitches in the hunting season ? 

Hard going trying to get a pup from proper breeding now, most of what you see being advertised is scatter bred shite that’s never seen a decent shift in there life’s 

If you want something bad enough, do it yourself. Start at the beginning and if there's surplus pups as there's likely to be, get them away to working homes. It's unlikely in today's climate that your going to find real deal firstx pups being advertised let's be honest. And if they were available, folk would question whether they were real deal then. You need to go the extra mile literally or do it yourself ?

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If you want something bad enough, do it yourself. Start at the beginning and if there's surplus pups as there's likely to be, get them away to working homes. It's unlikely in today's climate that your going to find real deal firstx pups being advertised let's be honest. And if they were available, folk would question whether they were real deal then. You need to go the extra mile literally or do it yourself ?

This is 100% mate 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

If you want something bad enough, do it yourself. Start at the beginning and if there's surplus pups as there's likely to be, get them away to working homes. It's unlikely in today's climate that your going to find real deal firstx pups being advertised let's be honest. 

I’ve always wanted a genuine 1st x lab greyhound, looked for years but nothing came up. Then the crazy mare vacated the property we rent out and in moves a greyhound trainer, good lad with a wealth of knowledge and he sorted me a well bred greyhound bitch which I could use , I’d already sorted the lab stud then…. Covid struck ! , thefts of dogs and pups went crazy.. it put me right off. I couldn’t bare the thought of some scumbag taking something I’d waited years for. So I decided to buy a lurcher pup in, pretty difficult trying to get a well bred pup when you don’t knock about with anyone, then a litter came up from well tested parents and I traveled 8 hrs to get one. He isn’t a lab greyhound but I’m more then happy with him. This will be his first season and I can’t wait. As for the 1st cross lab greyhounds… maybe in the future.

• Sad 1

I’m afraid if they any good they will be kept tight and never advertised and that’s way it has always been.

Saying that good ones do get advertised now and again but very rare I’d say.

Plenty of good dogs about just got to put work in and try to get in know and in these circles somehow, don’t blame these circles keeping it tight thou amount of idiots out there.

Edited by DEERMAN
  • Like 4
14 minutes ago, DEERMAN said:

I’m afraid if they any good they will be kept tight and never advertised and that’s way it has always been.

Saying that good ones do get advertised now and again but very rare I’d say.

Plenty of good dogs about just got to put work in and try to get in know and in these circles somehow, don’t blame these circles keeping it tight thou amount of idiots out there.

Oh you’ve said it now ? 

Those with a large serving of Harry Ramsdens on their shoulder will be a long shortly ? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I agree with what your saying BUT if you’re not in the know to be able to buy a pup of this breeding then it naturally follows that you won’t be able to breed one either ??‍♂️

6 hours ago, poxon said:

It’s strange ain’t it you got blokes on here moaning you can’t get a decent pup because of all the crap being bred you got blokes taking pups out of bitches that are a couple of years old because they know there breeding and you have the blokes that say it’s the man at the end of the lead that makes a dog then you got the dudes that moan about a scatter bred dogs bit ironic ain’t it that some of the best Lurchers out there are bits an Bob bred dogs same dudes moaning have never had a decent dog worth breeding or they would never have the need to be looking on peddling groups like fb they would breed there own for there needs what they want out a dog an think fukc everyone else’s needs or there opinions 

Before I say this ..... I’m not picking on you ? 

I often think if you’re looking for a decent pup and don’t know anyone keeping the type you’re after, don’t see those kind of dogs and don’t ever know of any decent litters ....... how do you know what you want / what constitutes a decent / top dog ? I very rarely come across anyone who’s pretty serious into it who is buying stuff randomly advertised on a selling site with no knowledge of the dogs or the breeder.

I don’t really see many folk on here taking pups off two year old bitches, but as I’ve said in previous posts there would be plenty third season animals who have done enough to show they are worth breeding from. But agreed, lots of folk breed for ‘names’ when they don’t actually know the background of the dog etc. However if you have a line and are out of options, and the pups are going amongst friends, a young but known quantity makes a lot of sense. 

I think you’re right - the man on the lead makes a massive difference, a poor handler or dog man can ruin a good dog or just never get it to be in full condition etc. But having said that, you can’t polish a turd and a a good dog man can make an average dog look real good. 

With regard to ‘scatter bred’ dogs, folk don’t mean different breeds or Lurcher to Lurcher bred dogs, more dogs with no background behind them, bred randomly with little thought to how the genetics / blood will combine. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, you don’t massively know what you are going to end up with and there is usually a large amount of litter variation. 

Finally ? as much as I agree that you shouldn’t worry too much about other peoples opinions and shouldn’t do things just to get fame or adoration from others, there are a lot of dogs out there and it’s very easy to get kennel blind and not really know what you have or what’s worth using as a sire unless you go see other folks dogs, listen to other folks opinion etc.

Any way, as you can tell I’m bored at work ? 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

I often think if you’re looking for a decent pup and don’t know anyone keeping the type you’re after, don’t see those kind of dogs and don’t ever know of any decent litters ....... how do you know what you want / what constitutes a decent / top dog ? I very rarely come across anyone who’s pretty serious into it who is buying stuff randomly advertised on a selling site with no knowledge of the dogs or the breeder.

I don’t really see many folk on here taking pups off two year old bitches, but as I’ve said in previous posts there would be plenty third season animals who have done enough to show they are worth breeding from. But agreed, lots of folk breed for ‘names’ when they don’t actually know the background of the dog etc. However if you have a line and are out of options, and the pups are going amongst friends, a young but known quantity makes a lot of sense. 

I think you’re right - the man on the lead makes a massive difference, a poor handler or dog man can ruin a good dog or just never get it to be in full condition etc. But having said that, you can’t polish a turd and a a good dog man can make an average dog look real good. 

With regard to ‘scatter bred’ dogs, folk don’t mean different breeds or Lurcher to Lurcher bred dogs, more dogs with no background behind them, bred randomly with little thought to how the genetics / blood will combine. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, you don’t massively know what you are going to end up with and there is usually a large amount of litter variation. 

Finally ? as much as I agree that you shouldn’t worry too much about other peoples opinions and shouldn’t do things just to get fame or adoration from others, there are a lot of dogs out there and it’s very easy to get kennel blind and not really know what you have or what’s worth using as a sire unless you go see other folks dogs, listen to other folks opinion etc.

I’m telling my mummy ?

Looks a lot of hard work replying to that lot sheepchaser  I’ll just say ok then??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

I disagree with some of what your saying when I had my dogs I like a collie bred lurcher but apart from 1 lad most other lads I had days out with had bull lurchers good dogs but not my type really so I didn't know many lads personally with this type friends could have prob sorted me 1 but I went to a well known breeder of type to get what I wanted but I think now I'd like a collie bull grey or wheaten collie bull grey or similar I wouldn't know where to go most lads I knew who had dogs are old or not into the game anymore so I to would prob ask on here and hope someone would help me out point me in right direction id be willing to travel for the dog and also invite up them to see where dog was going and a night out when dog was working but luckily I'm not after one ? ???

16 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I disagree with some of what your saying when I had my dogs I like a collie bred lurcher but apart from 1 lad most other lads I had days out with had bull lurchers good dogs but not my type really so I didn't know many lads personally with this type friends could have prob sorted me 1 but I went to a well known breeder of type to get what I wanted but I think now I'd like a collie bull grey or wheaten collie bull grey or similar I wouldn't know where to go most lads I knew who had dogs are old or not into the game anymore so I to would prob ask on here and hope someone would help me out point me in right direction id be willing to travel for the dog and also invite up them to see where dog was going and a night out when dog was working but luckily I'm not after one ? ???

R

Edited by Black neck
Seemed rude
6 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Which bit are you disagreeing with ??