they are an invasive species in greece  'they cull them because they do a lot of damage no predators and they eat everything so if someone caught it they probably just knock on the head 

• Like 1

guy I used to buy my tropical fish from used to sell them, he got nailed by a large lionfish in his finger, sliced it open with a razor blade to get the toxin out and phoned the UK poisons unit, they told him that was about all that could be done, that was the last time he put his hands anywhere near the water of a lionfish tank.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, greg64 said:

they are an invasive species in greece  'they cull them because they do a lot of damage no predators and they eat everything so if someone caught it they probably just knock on the head 

They a b*****d fish all over the reefs they have plenty lion fish kill comps and supposed to eat well they wreck an eco system they trying to encourage top predators to chomp em not sure if it’s working 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2

I think it was Mauritius or somewhere far flung I went and everyone kept warning about the Stone Fish nasty buggers every time I went in the sea I was like is that one is that one 😄

How deadly is a stone fish?

Image result for stone fish images

The world's most venomous fish is a close relative to the scorpionfishes, known as the stonefish. Through its dorsal fin spines, the stonefish can inject a venom that is capable of killing an adult person in less than an hour.
Edited by FLATTOP
4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I think it was Mauritius or somewhere far flung I went and everyone kept warning about the Stone Fish nasty buggers every time I went in the sea I was like is that one is that one 😄

How deadly is a stone fish?

Image result for stone fish images

The world's most venomous fish is a close relative to the scorpionfishes, known as the stonefish. Through its dorsal fin spines, the stonefish can inject a venom that is capable of killing an adult person in less than an hour.

Yeah we got warned about them when swimming in the Red Sea, them and Scorpion fish.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 19/09/2021 at 09:57, neil82 said:

guy I used to buy my tropical fish from used to sell them, he got nailed by a large lionfish in his finger, sliced it open with a razor blade to get the toxin out and phoned the UK poisons unit, they told him that was about all that could be done, that was the last time he put his hands anywhere near the water of a lionfish tank.

They re not that dangerous very few people need medical attention after a sting.....its similar to a bee sting we had one in a big tank i had in the gym years ago a lad was cleaning it out one day and got tagged on the wrist we took the spine out and kept it clean etc.....he never had any problems.