Daytime rats help

SKoT wolf

8 hours ago, philpot said:

That looks a neat bit of kit and at a cracking price, wonder how good the scope connection is and if like the 007, they work much better on some scopes than others.

Connection is   Very good 

same as any add on , down to the scope . Haven’t found a scope which doesn’t work apart from a Hawke airmax 8x32-50 

37 minutes ago, villaman said:

Connection is   Very good 

same as any add on , down to the scope . Haven’t found a scope which doesn’t work apart from a Hawke airmax 8x32-50 

Have you got one Mitch.   I am sreiously impressed with what I have seen. I am using rwo Airmax Compact scopes on my fac so hope it will work on those as I am sold on this.

Has anyone actually seen a review of the commander nv100 where it shows you some one actually shooting rats or rabbits using the add on at night, because Ive watched 3 reviews and havent actually seen anyone out hunting with it at night, one bloke is looking at cows in a field what good is that to a sub 12 airgun hunter who wants to shoot rats and rabbits

48 minutes ago, philpot said:

Have you got one Mitch.   I am sreiously impressed with what I have seen. I am using rwo Airmax Compact scopes on my fac so hope it will work on those as I am sold on this.

No I haven’t Phil , but at that price  might buy one 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

No I haven’t Phil , but at that price  might buy one 

My buddy saw the youtube and ordered one tonight so when it arrives on Tuesday, it will be coming to me to play with and once I am happy with it, my order will be going in but I will do a bit of a first impressions review while I have it.  A good way to test it without spending a penny.........................I know, tight bugger ?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, philpot said:

My buddy saw the youtube and ordered one tonight so when it arrives on Tuesday, it will be coming to me to play with and once I am happy with it, my order will be going in but I will do a bit of a first impressions review while I have it.  A good way to test it without spending a penny.........................I know, tight bugger ?

Phil , you didn’t like the pard 007 , so I can’t see you liking this one as it’s the same 

11 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil , you didn’t like the pard 007 , so I can’t see you liking this one as it’s the same 

The issue with the 007 was the poor fit to scope causing point of impact/ point of aim being out. This unit seems to be far better thought out but we will find out next week and if that is the same, I won't bother.

1 hour ago, philpot said:

The issue with the 007 was the poor fit to scope causing point of impact/ point of aim being out. This unit seems to be far better thought out but we will find out next week and if that is the same, I won't bother.

They fit on the scope fine if you have the right size adapter or shims . If it’s not a tight fit then use a bit of bike in tube 

RATS.!!!  They are clever,  they are razor Sharp regarding awareness.   The other year we had a few coming over from a neighbours shed. I saw them on the infra red cctv at night.   They never showed during the day and if it wasn't on the cctv l wouldn't have known that they were there.  I caught them in traps in the past and they must leave a smell on the trap because they won't go anywhere near the traps again. Especially if there is any blood left behind.  I hose the traps off if I  use them.  This time I set up a couple of bar over flip traps. I used bacon rind but had to use fuse wire to hold the rind onto the striker spike. I also had to file the trigger spike a bit so that it was a hair trigger.  I had to put the trap against a wall with a brick at the end and another along the side.   I also put a bit of board over the top so that ratty had to go into a box from the kill end.  I only worked this out by watching the action of ratty in real time on the cctv.  For some reason ratty worked out that if he came from the other end he could either get the bait off of the spike or if the trap was triggered. The flip bar threw ratty up in the air.  When this happened ratty would come back to eat the bait off of the fired trap. As I said their clever.  The traps did kill when I got cleverer than ratty thanks to the tech of infra red cctv.

• Haha 1