Daytime rats help

SKoT wolf

Whats the best bait ? Tries peanut butter but they dont go near it. Is cat food any good ? Or do they mainly come out at night to feed?. They are living in the cow shed under/inbetween some bales of hay and they come out and run accross but dont really get time to take a shot. Had 2 from a pipe after seing them run into it they sat at the edge long enough to get a shot off but the rest of them are just so fast. I dont really have any lamping gear or nightvision. Any advice welcome cheers ?

Screenshot_20210917-160041_Snapchat.jpg

Nice one skot, I use whatever they normally feed on pal, just get a handfull of the cow feed and put it on the floor infront of the bales where they come out from, instead of running across to the cow sheds theyl sit and eat what youv put down, youl get some doing that pal im sure, 

• Like 1

Get a length of 6'' pipe about 2 foot long. Set it up so you could shoot through it. Then bait the pipe. The rats will feel comfortable in the pipe and be more likely to sit and eat. Might have to leave it there a while before they get used to it. Pallets are also a good for the same reason.

• Thanks 1

Been up this aft for a couple hours. Got 4 today, 6 in total over the last 3 days. 3 down the side of the building just came waltzing out of the nettles. Other one was on a thick metal fence post behind a pile of trash that id baited with peanut butter and chocolate spread. Gota be quick havent you ??

20210918_160649.jpg

1 hour ago, j j m said:

ive been taking a few lately with grass seed,i was re doing my lawn in summer they loved it kept coming out from under decking,decking has gone now so have the rats

Il knock farmers cow shed down then problem solved ???? 

Farmer said they are thinking of putting poison down, and me and another lad are trying to shoot a few if we can they shouldnt get too out of hand hopefully. ?

Been up today for a bit put a bit more peanut butter up for them. Going back tomoro afternoon see if its getting then to come out a bit more. Going to get some pipe and try that too Pledgey ? nailed one at 16 yards with the .22 aas510 today. It came out and looked at a spot that id smeared with peanut butter other day, but its all been wiped clean so they must be eating it. Got a squirrel and a woody too. Woody was a neck shot so i finished it off with me no7 Opinel to the head ?

Screenshot_20210921-160512_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-184338_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-192848_Snapchat.jpg

My 'go to' feed is Srawberry jam which so far has never failed both daytime and night in fact it is the only bait I have used and been ble to see the rats come out before I have even left the site.  Best jam is one with fruit in rather than Tesco cheap crap but if you use a lot as we do at times, I will mix the two together to make it go further.

Phil

• Like 1
On 19/09/2021 at 11:46, villaman said:

Night vision is the best way 

these are getting great reviews everywhere at the moment and you can get these under £200 

Are these only in the US at the moment Mitch or are they available in the UK.