Best walk-in gun store uk

The bigger more glitzy gun shops tend to be staffed by salesmen that (A) haven't much idea (B) don't give you the best advice on any prospective purchase just what they need to shift to meet targets.

I would visit my local gunshop and ask their advice, also seek out local shooters who in the main will be glad to help. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, socks said:

Sportsmans gun centre in Exeter is well worth a visit ……

May be one of the biggest, but one the worst as well . Don’t like dealing with them , apart from Dorchester  but once again a bit hit and miss , depending on you see 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, villaman said:

May be one of the biggest, but one the worst as well . Don’t like dealing with them , apart from Dorchester  but once again a bit hit and miss , depending on you see 

I nearly bought a hw off them couple of year ago, luckily I phoned up before I drove all way out to clay pigeon , as it wasn’t actually there it was in Exeter store and they wanted me to drive out pay deposit then drive back out and collect it week later ?? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They're known on every forum as a bunch of.

Take your money for " in stock items" that clearly aren't. Then try and get your money back.

And as any long distance purchases confirm with a name it's actually there.

I use Livens ,Melbourne tackle n gun and Countryman of Derby but always ring first .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

I like forest Lodge in Lincolnshire. Not my nearest/local but good selection & proper knowledge and good advice always. 

They are spot on there, did me a good deal on my .223 and did an overnight RFD transfer to Northallerton shooting and didn’t charge me ?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

They're known on every forum as a bunch of.

Take your money for " in stock items" that clearly aren't. Then try and get your money back.

And as any long distance purchases confirm with a name it's actually there.

I use Livens ,Melbourne tackle n gun and Countryman of Derby but always ring first .

Yerr, all these have been good in my experience ??