Jack pykes

1 hour ago, Stone14 said:

Do there products do the job adequately or should you put your money into better? If so what brands? 

The stuff is fine, other cheaper brands to look at are Seeland, Percussion, Game and a little bit more expensive Deerhunter

when I’m out on shoot days and want to look like a posh knob, I wear Musto, Barbour, Schoffle, Chameau and the likes, but my Musto shooting jacket was about 300 quid and is no more waterproof or warmer than my 60 quid Game smock I wear when I’m out fox shooting in winter

• Thanks 1

For what you pay for jack pike I think it’s ok, the shirts, jumpers etc are all good enough, I would say that the wellies and the boots are absolute sh*t but there’s very few shooting clothing companies that make good footwear, if you pay a few quid more you won’t go wrong with deerhunter or seeland. Harkila make some really nice gear but it’s top end price wise and if I was spending that kind of money I would buy schoffel or Musto ( personal choice you understand, I’ve got nothing against Harkila ) two expensive ones to stay away from are shooterking and swazi and another good mid range one to look at is Stoney Creek 

Edited by Stavross
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 14:46, Stavross said:

For what you pay for jack pike I think it’s ok, the shirts, jumpers etc are all good enough, I would say that the wellies and the boots are absolute sh*t but there’s very few shooting clothing companies that make good footwear, if you pay a few quid more you won’t go wrong with deerhunter or seeland. Harkila make some really nice gear but it’s top end price wise and if I was spending that kind of money I would buy schoffel or Musto ( personal choice you understand, I’ve got nothing against Harkila ) two expensive ones to stay away from are shooterking and swazi and another good mid range one to look at is Stoney Creek 

What's the problem with Swazi gear mate?

8 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

What's the problem with Swazi gear mate?

A mate of mine paid about 400 quid for a smock and it leaked around the hood and trying to get it changed was a right carry on, he’s got a ridgeline one that’s half the price and had no bother with it

9 hours ago, Stavross said:

A mate of mine paid about 400 quid for a smock and it leaked around the hood and trying to get it changed was a right carry on, he’s got a ridgeline one that’s half the price and had no bother with it

Feck, got a couple bits of their non waterproof clobber, it's very well made, but if you order direct from NZ you get bent over on the tax 

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Feck, got a couple bits of their non waterproof clobber, it's very well made, but if you order direct from NZ you get bent over on the tax 

The smock was really nice and looked really well made, it was more the after sales, where he got it from wanted to send it back rather than just give him another one, I think in the end they he lost his sh*t with them and they gave him his money back 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I would not buy Jack Pike again bought jacket and trousers while back. Trousers lasted one season ferreting and the jacket supposed to be 100% water proof and it never has been. Shower proof I would call it.

Now any body tell if this Hogg's jacket is any good, just want a 100% water proof jacket for mooching and mushrooming etc.

Was looking at this seem very reasonable price.

WWW.FIFECOUNTRY.CO.UK

Greenking II Waterproof Jacket by Hoggs Professional. If you spend much of your working life outdoors, in wet and horrible weather, or if your leisure time takes you...

Cheers Arry