Express Delivery.......

After seeing quite a few squirrels about lately, I thought I’d take the fac .22 impact out to see if I could pick off any squirrels that might be on the pheasant feeders. I decided to use jsb jumbo express, a lighter pellet with the power turned down a bit. The first feeder I checked had a squirrel under it, so I had one in the bag in the first five minutes. I carried on, keeping an eye out and no sign of squirrel activity until I arrived at a small feeder that had recently been filled with wheat. A squirrel was already there, but it scarpered as soon as it saw me. I waited, and within a minute it was back, .22 express delivered. The next one was in a tree, I watched it through the scope for a while until I could get a good shot. The squirrel took delivery of the jsb express and fell like a stone, but after about twenty minutes of searching and getting scratched to bits in the undergrowth I gave up. Just off the track on another feeder was another recipient of the express. Four down, I was about to pack up, but a bonus rabbit presented nicely at 51 yards. I could hear the pellet ricochet off the ground after passing through the rabbits head. It was a nice little time out with an air rifle on a lovely September afternoon. I’ll be back again for another go at them soon. Probably look at getting some squirrel feeders out as well.

E5696DC2-FA5D-4729-A4B8-4D44B718F490.jpeg

F35D1138-8866-4FD6-BC7E-916404F16B04.jpeg

• Like 9