Where's Kanny?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice one Ken looks like your keeping busy and having fun with it don't forget to leave gaps for hinges or do you plan  on fitting the doors after  either way is fine,  you could get away without joint

I Don't Fukking BELIEVE This!!!!! Got up bright and early. Kitchen a wasteland of tools and a couple of scraps of 2 x 1. I've got Nothing in the World to do, but work on my cupboard. I'm fresh ou

Well, I expected my hinges to arrive today. Got my new Opinel and a dreadful pair of knee pads instead! Chucking the knee pads out ~ not worth the hassle of trying to return them. " Wright Fit ".

Posted Images

Tyla; They'd been my own first instinct too. Ubiquitous, on Amazon. They tempt one.

However, I realised I'd really have merry hell trying to fit the perceived quadrant beading around them.

Also, they scream Ornate, rather than Simple Rustic. I live in an old farm cottage, after all. Not a Manor House.

No, I actually scoured google far too far into the small hours, last night. Hunted like a stoat on a mission. I Think I've cracked it.

3 1/4", as opposed to the four inch ones The Master said may be a little too much hinge. And they Are exactly what I crave, for my vision:

WWW.DOORHANDLECOMPANY.CO.UK

H pattern hinges are classically used on traditional cabinets with the hinge exposed. Placed on the outside of the door the hinge is...

They'll cost me the guts of half a fukking ton! But, as I always say; 'The money spent is soon forgotten.' I expect the cost of the paint alone will make my fukking eyes water! What's cheap, these days? This is my dream I'm working towards, after all :)

:boogy: :clapper: :clapper: :yahoo: I Don't Fukking BELIEVE This!!!!!

Got up bright and early. Kitchen a wasteland of tools and a couple of scraps of 2 x 1. I've got Nothing in the World to do, but work on my cupboard. I'm fresh out of 2 x 1" and need a sheet of 9mm ply. Today! Like, NOW would be fukking good!!!

Ring the shop, as soon as they're open. " Hullo? If I order a sheet of ply 'n shit, Now? Can I get it delivered Today, Please? "

'No. Sorry. Soon as we can deliver now would be Monday. " :cray: The prospect of a bleak and soulless weekend stretches before me! Oh, god!

I ring my neighbour; " Hullo, mate. I don't s'pose there's any chance you could take your little trailer into town and pick me up a sheet of ply? I'd as soon pay you as them ..... "

'Jeesus, no! I'm working away here! I'm in the next county!'. Fukk!!!

Shit or bust. I have no pride. My mate works in the factory, in town. He has a jeep. He knocks off at 17:30. He could make the shop. I'll tell him; If he needs bungies to hold the fukking wood on? Put them on my bill! Anything! '.

He doesn't sound too optimistic. It's 09:45. He's at work. I'm asking a Shit Ton for a Friday night! He says he'll see.

I go and bring my useless trail cam in. Feed the birds. Make a mug of tea. Console myself that at least the postman's bringing me a raft of goodies today. Wonder what's up with the fukking dogs. What are they up to?

Is that the postman's van? Only glimpsed it, backing to my gate before I rushed out there. No! It's some old heap of a pick up truck! And it has a length of 2 x 1" Planed on it!!!!! What The ....?!

And there's my mad mate! The one who's supposed to be working his job in the factory! Good naturedly telling me; " You're a fukking nuisance! " As he pulls the sheet of ply from the bed!!!

Nothing in the World can buy ye Friends like this!!! The mad fukker's plainly told his boss; " Just gotta vanish for half an hour, boss. And I'll be taking that truck with me. Don't ask. " :notworthy:

Now, if you'll excuse me? I have some cupboard doors to get on with! :toast:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:boogy: :clapper: :clapper: :yahoo: I Don't Fukking BELIEVE This!!!!!

Got up bright and early. Kitchen a wasteland of tools and a couple of scraps of 2 x 1. I've got Nothing in the World to do, but work on my cupboard. I'm fresh out of 2 x 1" and need a sheet of 9mm ply. Today! Like, NOW would be fukking good!!!

Ring the shop, as soon as they're open. " Hullo? If I order a sheet of ply 'n shit, Now? Can I get it delivered Today, Please? "

'No. Sorry. Soon as we can deliver now would be Monday. " :cray: The prospect of a bleak and soulless weekend stretches before me! Oh, god!

I ring my neighbour; " Hullo, mate. I don't s'pose there's any chance you could take your little trailer into town and pick me up a sheet of ply? I'd as soon pay you as them ..... "

'Jeesus, no! I'm working away here! I'm in the next county!'. Fukk!!!

Shit or bust. I have no pride. My mate works in the factory, in town. He has a jeep. He knocks off at 17:30. He could make the shop. I'll tell him; If he needs bungies to hold the fukking wood on? Put them on my bill! Anything! '.

He doesn't sound too optimistic. It's 09:45. He's at work. I'm asking a Shit Ton for a Friday night! He says he'll see.

I go and bring my useless trail cam in. Feed the birds. Make a mug of tea. Console myself that at least the postman's bringing me a raft of goodies today. Wonder what's up with the fukking dogs. What are they up to?

Is that the postman's van? Only glimpsed it, backing to my gate before I rushed out there. No! It's some old heap of a pick up truck! And it has a length of 2 x 1" Planed on it!!!!! What The ....?!

And there's my mad mate! The one who's supposed to be working his job in the factory! Good naturedly telling me; " You're a fukking nuisance! " As he pulls the sheet of ply from the bed!!!

Nothing in the World can buy ye Friends like this!!! The mad fukker's plainly told his boss; " Just gotta vanish for half an hour, boss. And I'll be taking that truck with me. Don't ask. " :notworthy:

Now, if you'll excuse me? I have some cupboard doors to get on with! :toast:

We all need mates like that...

Good man..

• Like 1

:) Well. lads; That's me calling it a day, for today. I've got my sheet of ply hare, all ready for backing my doors. But, my two Wolf clamps are due on Monday. They'll hold each door in its exact order, so I can trace round it onto the ply sheet.

I'm thinking; Once I have all four doors glued and pinned to their ply backing? I'll kiss their edges with my power plane. Reason being, I've been so mad focused on making these doors so that they'll suck air as they open? I clean forgot the fact they're all to be undercoated and painted yet! :doh:

P9170001.JPG.54d6d80ec94ec5e90a894a2166053996.JPG

More good news from today! I've Found my Black, glossy, ceramic tiles!!! :D I'm So happy! I've looked everywhere. Rang everywhere. One old boy told me I'd need a time machine, as they haven't made Black tiles in donkeys years!

Finally found a place in the next fukking county who has some. Now, all I need is someone going that way. Fukked if I'm paying a £100.00 taxi fare, to pick up a £22.00 box of fukking tiles! :shok:

So, there's them to get now. Meanwhile, I'm trying ~ a bit casually ~ to find the right shade of paint. I think those hinges will have to wait for my next pension! I've given the old finances a right beating, this month. Time to reign it in and go with the flow.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fukking fun though! :boogy:

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:) Well. lads; That's me calling it a day, for today. I've got my sheet of ply hare, all ready for backing my doors. But, my two Wolf clamps are due on Monday. They'll hold each door in its exact order, so I can trace round it onto the ply sheet.

I'm thinking; Once I have all four doors glued and pinned to their ply backing? I'll kiss their edges with my power plane. Reason being, I've been so mad focused on making these doors so that they'll suck air as they open? I clean forgot the fact they're all to be undercoated and painted yet! :doh:

P9170001.JPG.54d6d80ec94ec5e90a894a2166053996.JPG

More good news from today! I've Found my Black, glossy, ceramic tiles!!! :D I'm So happy! I've looked everywhere. Rang everywhere. One old boy told me I'd need a time machine, as they haven't made Black tiles in donkeys years!

Finally found a place in the next fukking county who has some. Now, all I need is someone going that way. Fukked if I'm paying a £100.00 taxi fare, to pick up a £22.00 box of fukking tiles! :shok:

So, there's them to get now. Meanwhile, I'm trying ~ a bit casually ~ to find the right shade of paint. I think those hinges will have to wait for my next pension! I've given the old finances a right beating, this month. Time to reign it in and go with the flow.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fukking fun though! :boogy:

Tell you what Ken I'd rather log onto your topics than go fekin pictures the underpants I've gone through reading your posts   eh ? 

• Haha 1