Computer Nerds, Please?

I gave Linux a spin and the guy showing me the ropes gave me a code to tap in, if ever my mouse / screen froze. It set things right, without me having to push the big button ~ which, I understand is a big 'No, no.'

I'm on 10 now. And, at least once a day, my cursor freezes and that's it. Big Button.

Is there a code usable with 10, please?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Greb147 said:

To start press any key. 

Homer Simpson: "Where's the any key?!?" 

That reminds me of a true story I heard once. A woman phoned a computer helpline from her mobile as her work computer wasn't working. She was the only person left in the building. After loads of advice and questions they'd still got nowhere so he asked her to look something up in the user manual. When she said she couldn't do that as she couldn't read the manual he asked, "Why not?" She replied, "Because the lights are off: there's a power cut!"?

• Haha 1

I've always liked the one where the tekki ends up patiently telling the bloke to unplug everything. Put the whole lot back in the packaging it came in. Return it to the shop.

And tell the bloke there: " I'm too fukking stupid to own a computer! " ?

I've actually, genuinely been in the situation where I've been on the phone to the tekk for ever, and I've actually ended up saying to him: " This is the bit, isn't it, where you tell me I'm ..... " :icon_redface:

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I've always liked the one where the tekki ends up patiently telling the bloke to unplug everything. Put the whole lot back in the packaging it came in. Return it to the shop.

And tell the bloke there: " I'm too fukking stupid to own a computer! " ?

I've actually, genuinely been in the situation where I've been on the phone to the tekk for ever, and I've actually ended up saying to him: " This is the bit, isn't it, where you tell me I'm ..... " :icon_redface:

Here’s a laugh, don’t know if things are the same over there as here but when my kids bought me an iPad, the first thing I typed in was how to use an iPad and an ad came up asking,, are you over 55,  TICK,  are you sick of being left behind by the modern world,  TICK,,, etc etc end result I got a free 6 week iPad course with age concern,, youngest in the class tea and biscuits on tap, don’t get no better than that, they do all sorts of shit for us old fecks have a look if you have them near you ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

" Are you over 55? " That's actually quite fukking brilliant, isn't it?! If only anyone else cared, or understood, so fukking much! :good:

It's like my being deaf. There's nothing quite makes me want to throttle some kunt as when they say: " who are you here to see? ".

And I cup my left ear towards them, turning my head to gain fullest amplification, and say; " Sorry?  ".

And they repeat, exactly as they've just done: " who are you here to see? "

I shake my head in despair and mild irritation and tell them; " Sorry. I'm 90% deaf. "

And they say: " oh. sorry. who are you here to see? "

I could fukking Kill the stupid kunts!!!

Rushed off to hospital, last week. First thing I told the Paramedic in the ambulance was that I'm 90% deaf. Rest of the journey was fukking fantastic! Man was a fukking godsend!

" WE'RE ALMOST THERE NOW, FRANK. HOW YE FEELING, MATE?  " Man was fukking heroic! He must have been hoarse as fukk time we got there, buy, by god, we had a great chat! :clapper: