M25 Protests.

Similar here, had been divorced for a year and hooked up with Mrs D mk11 for a few months, work was drying up cos of the recession, started doing a bit of p/t pub work where she was working, "could you do this for a living?" She asked, "yeah, I reckon" I replied, 6 months later with most of my cash spent on training courses etc I'm packing up the Transit and we're moving 350 miles to Cornwall to a live in all found job on half the money I'd been used to making ?

Just over two years later we we making good money, fancy cars, holidays clothes etc.

25 years later that's all gone lol, we've got steady jobs with hours that suit and no money worries but that initial step of leaving family and friends behind to start a new life was a bit scary but it was the right and best decision we've ever made.

If you want something, there's only you can make it happen unless your extremely lucky.?

Cheers, D.

• Like 7

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr Wilf  I have nothing in common with people from those big cities.Every Sunday 20 plus members of my family gather for Sunday dinner.Most businesses  are still closed on Sunday.Every man and mo

Policing and politics have changed dramatically in the last few years. I Well remember the miners strike, baton charges by the police, mounted police charges, people arrested and in court the nex

I think the people stuck in the tailback for hours are being shrugged off as suffering a bit of inconvenience ...but how many shift workers were there in those queues ? How many self employed people w

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, king said:

And you hit the nail right on the head there mate...

The wife and I found old bill outside his bungalow 2 doors up today..a 2ft circle of congealed blood and a hole in the back of his head.he was there for about an hour.and no doubt out cold for a good spell..looked like he tripped and fell back.

Blue fingers and lips and his oxygen bottle for copd out of reach on the floor..

Such things have a strange effect on you mate...draining the life out of you..as in blood for old bill...that sentence sums it up..

My cousin, young girl, suffers like blackout/fit type things (don’t know the exact name)…….she had one on a zebra crossing on Regents Street……people stepped over her mate ! 

One of a million things that just made me go “f**k this” 

• Thanks 1
Just now, WILF said:

My cousin, young girl, suffers like blackout/fit type things (don’t know the exact name)…….she had one on a zebra crossing on Regents Street……people stepped over her mate ! 

One of a million things that just made me go “f**k this” 

How the hell can people step over her I will never know..its hard to understand what's in some people's heads mate to be able to do that..selfish cnuts...

I said before I can't fault you for moving to where you are now. It's weird isn't it when your head says I don't want to live here anymore when you've lived there all your life..its then big decision time. And as they say actions speak louder than words mate..

5 minutes ago, king said:

How the hell can people step over her I will never know..its hard to understand what's in some people's heads mate to be able to do that..selfish cnuts...

I said before I can't fault you for moving to where you are now. It's weird isn't it when your head says I don't want to live here anymore when you've lived there all your life..its then big decision time. And as they say actions speak louder than words mate..

To be fair I would have gone literally anywhere but my Mrs pointed out that my command of English isn’t exactly that good so learning a foreign language may have been a bridge too far in the getting sorted in your new home stakes ! 
I pretty much stuck a pin in a map then and off I went ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

To be fair I would have gone literally anywhere but my Mrs pointed out that my command of English isn’t exactly that good so learning a foreign language may have been a bridge too far in the getting sorted in your new home stakes ! 
I pretty much stuck a pin in a map then and off I went ! Lol ? 

And a massive fact is thinking what will it be like around here for the kids when they are older..that was a big decider for us.best move we ever made..and I like walking around the supermarket and no-one knows me at all.great lol..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, king said:

And a massive fact is thinking what will it be like around here for the kids when they are older..that was a big decider for us.best move we ever made..and I like walking around the supermarket and no-one knows me at all.great lol..

Good for you mate ?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, WILF said:

I think it’s understandable mate, it’s the comfort of the “known”……the “return to normal” (normal !!…..f**k sake ! Lol ) as has been the catchphrase for the last 18 months !

Understandable I can agree with, but what are we on at the minute? Day 550 of 15 days to flatten the curve?!

It's amazing the amount of sh*t people will put up with especially when they're looking forward to return to something that wasn't that great to start with!

You know where I'm coming from, though. For all the worry of Britain becoming Americanized I'd still rather sit here than there!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Understandable I can agree with, but what are we on at the minute? Day 550 of 15 days to flatten the curve?!

It's amazing the amount of sh*t people will put up with especially when they're looking forward to return to something that wasn't that great to start with!

You know where I'm coming from, though. For all the worry of Britain becoming Americanized I'd still rather sit here than there!

But there's Americanised and Americanised mate, where you are is a lifetime away fro the "normal" perception of it ?

Cheers, D.

5 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Obviously I have no idea mate but I’m guessing where you live would be classed as “small town America” ? 

I think when we talk about the Americanisation of Britain it’s more the big urban “LA” nobody gives a f**k about each other stuff that we see portrayed in the TV.

I have only seen small town America on the telly so I don’t know how realistic that is but it looks like a place I’d feel at home I always think……you can keep the Disneyland, LA, New York…..I wouldn’t go to them places as a gift.

• Like 2

Mr Wilf 

I have nothing in common with people from those big cities.Every Sunday 20 plus members of my family gather for Sunday dinner.Most businesses  are still closed on Sunday.Every man and most women have a gun in their pocket and a distrust of big brother.We open doors for ladies.We say yes mam or someone will correct you.If you use the f word in public around our women you will be asked to leave.We still pray at football games and rodeos.The rebel flag still flies here and there is a statue of a Confederate  soldier at our local courthouse.I don't want to lose my way of life.I don't want to be Americanized anymore than yall do.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Mr Wilf 

I have nothing in common with people from those big cities.Every Sunday 20 plus members of my family gather for Sunday dinner.Most businesses  are still closed on Sunday.Every man and most women have a gun in their pocket and a distrust of big brother.We open doors for ladies.We say yes mam or someone will correct you.If you use the f word in public around our women you will be asked to leave.We still pray at football games and rodeos.The rebel flag still flies here and there is a statue of a Confederate  soldier at our local courthouse.I don't want to lose my way of life.I don't want to be Americanized anymore than yall do.

When can I move in ? ? 

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Mr Wilf 

Sounds perfect :good:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Obviously I have no idea mate but I’m guessing where you live would be classed as “small town America” ? 

I think when we talk about the Americanisation of Britain it’s more the big urban “LA” nobody gives a f**k about each other stuff that we see portrayed in the TV.

I have only seen small town America on the telly so I don’t know how realistic that is but it looks like a place I’d feel at home I always think……you can keep the Disneyland, LA, New York…..I wouldn’t go to them places as a gift.

My view 

Cheers, D.