Neoprene wellies

Wife is getting wet feet now when she walks the dogs and I,m at work so was looking to get her a pair of wellies, saw these neoprene ones at the garden centre and was just wondering are they more comfy to walk in than rubber ones and does the price tag reflect the fact they are far better or is it just empora,s clothes views and opinions please especially from owners of said wellies ✌️✌️

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Wife is getting wet feet now when she walks the dogs and I,m at work so was looking to get her a pair of wellies, saw these neoprene ones at the garden centre and was just wondering are they more comfy to walk in than rubber ones and does the price tag reflect the fact they are far better or is it just empora,s clothes views and opinions please especially from owners of said wellies ✌️✌️

Had £20 ones from Aldi and £80 Muckboots and the thing they had in common was they didn't last long.

Split across the toe and neoprene snagged on everything.

also the Muckboots soles went slick very quickly and became dangerous.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

I use a pair of grubs for work...also got the buck Safety boots....utter shite to walk in...the grubs I have worn all day digging and walking the hills in North Wales...when I jacked my last job I was wearing the grubs and walked home ....around about 28 miles...wouldn't walk 2 miles in the bucks,no real support for your ankles ?I honestly in swear by these,never in let me down,would last 2/3 yrs being worn every day on site and leave them in to walk the dogs in the evening ?

The big ones have toecaps but the frostline ones dont...maybe she be better off with something like these mid height ones ?Screenshot_20210914-185048.png.97907b77ccc7a371d49f5cc341eda9ab.pngScreenshot_20210914-184833.png.e43f71e2103f2e69f572f0f22578b687.png

• Like 2

I do like a posh green wellie but quality seems to be more luck of these draw days than the manufacturer having true quality control. Had a pair of Le Chameau that lasted for years and were well worth the money. A live in terrier pup chewed the tops off one night so bought a replacement pair. Lasted less than 12 month but got replaced under warranty. Unfortunately those lasted just over a year so wasn't able to get a free replacement. Bought Muck boots next but they didn't last long. A few Christmas' ago someone got me another pair of Le Chameau and they are wearing as well as they used to. Wouldn't have chanced buying them with my own money though. Total lottery it would seem.

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I use a pair of grubs for work...also got the buck Safety boots....utter shite to walk in...the grubs I have worn all day digging and walking the hills in North Wales...when I jacked my last job I was wearing the grubs and walked home ....around about 28 miles...wouldn't walk 2 miles in the bucks,no real support for your ankles ?I honestly in swear by these,never in let me down,would last 2/3 yrs being worn every day on site and leave them in to walk the dogs in the evening ?

The big ones have toecaps but the frostline ones dont...maybe she be better off with something like these mid height ones ?Screenshot_20210914-185048.png.97907b77ccc7a371d49f5cc341eda9ab.pngScreenshot_20210914-184833.png.e43f71e2103f2e69f572f0f22578b687.png

I got Grubs Snowline for a good price, (wanted a cheaper pair but oos so gave me them for the same price (£60; I think) but had them since last year and only worn them twice.

Cheers, D.