Ordering a f***ing coffee!

12 minutes ago, terryd said:

Your bang on two tea bags is needed and 3 minutes is perfect. I actual put a time on my phone. I the evening though I most have leaf tea and use an infuser again 3 minutes. As you say the cup matters too oddly lol. You have let your self down with the milk in first though 

Milk in first for the lower classes, milk second for the upper classes !

Something to do with quality of crockery back in the day……the upper classes could afford better quality that would take the heat of boiled water but the lower classes couldn’t and the cup would crack if you added boiling water first, hence milk first.

Probably total bollocks but that is what I heard.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had a Costa or Starbucks coffee - I've tried to order similar stuff on holiday but, just got tired of the daftness of it.

........ I like 2 strong cups of instant before work - 3 spoons of coffee and plenty of milk in each one, no sugar.

When the weather gets cold, I take a flask of tea to work - 3 PG Tips bags, hot water and a bit of milk, tea bags left in all day - the last cuppa is always the best :yes:

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Nobody has mentioned the best mug for tea !…….for me it has to be a white mug of the type to found in old time cafes.

So much so that I bought a box of them from the catering supplies people so that I wouldn’t run out ! 
Tea just don’t taste right in anything else.

2 Tetley tea bags, milk in first (because I’m from the lower classes !) and then water, allow to brew for about 3 minutes to a very dark brown, then 1 sugar (I have cut down from 3!) 

Thats my poison.

Anyone old enough to remember the enamel mug ?

IMG_1640.PNG.b030c7174d7186abbe953d094f25e8b0.PNG

Terrible ! Would burn your lips off ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Anyone old enough to remember the enamel mug ?

I always used one for work. Got fed up with breaking the other fukking things.

Got one right now, as it happens. Use it for putting the spoon in once I've stirred my mug :) (Can't stand anyone stirring their tea and then dropping the wet spoon on the side! Sends me into a psychopathic Rage!!!)

I'd bang up a picture, but, I don't need the shit. It's a totally utilitarian object. Might as well be an old paint tin. I only hang it up and never really think to wash the outside of it. It is, admittedly then, a bit gnarly.

20 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I always used one for work. Got fed up with breaking the other fukking things.

Got one right now, as it happens. Use it for putting the spoon in once I've stirred my mug :) (Can't stand anyone stirring their tea and then dropping the wet spoon on the side! Sends me into a psychopathic Rage!!!)

I'd bang up a picture, but, I don't need the shit. It's a totally utilitarian object. Might as well be an old paint tin. I only hang it up and never really think to wash the outside of it. It is, admittedly then, a bit gnarly.

Go on, put a pic up and see how many pages it gets ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 2