Ordering a f***ing coffee!

Girls are at school so thought on the way to shopping we'd grab a coffee from the  Costa drive thru. Misses asks me what I want as she's driving; just a coffee, what type? Just a white coffee. She apparently doesn't know how to say that in Costa language, I don't come here so didn't realise it'd be a difficult ask. Conversation with the drive thru went as follows - 

- can I have a salted caramel frostino with a shot of coffee and cream

- what size? 

- large

-mediums the biggest

- medium please. 

- can I also have a white coffee

- is that an Americano

- just a coffee

- do you want milk

-please 

- what type 

-normal 

-is that dairy

-please

- skinny, skimmed, semi skimmed or whole

- whole

.f**k me that was painful! I've attached a photo of the monstrosity she ordered 

IMG_20210914_101004.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Girls are at school so thought on the way to shopping we'd grab a coffee from the  Costa drive thru. Misses asks me what I want as she's driving; just a coffee, what type? Just a white coffee. She apparently doesn't know how to say that in Costa language, I don't come here so didn't realise it'd be a difficult ask. Conversation with the drive thru went as follows - 

- can I have a salted caramel frostino with a shot of coffee and cream

- what size? 

- large

-mediums the biggest

- medium please. 

- can I also have a white coffee

- is that an Americano

- just a coffee

- do you want milk

-please 

- what type 

-normal 

-is that dairy

-please

- skinny, skimmed, semi skimmed or whole

- whole

.f**k me that was painful! I've attached a photo of the monstrosity she ordered 

IMG_20210914_101004.jpg

I think in coffe shop speak a normal cup of coffee is known as a flat white,??I don’t use coffee shops or mcD type of take always out of principle but I do get offered the odd one by people I meet and that is what I will ask for ?

I spend a bit much on Costa and similar , but it's convenient, normally get an extra shot. It's my treat when travelling about or a livener before I get home to family lol. I like tea but it's got to be just so. Rarely enjoy if anyone else making it. I'm in my cabin pouring instant out of a jar tipping bag of sugar and stirring with a bit of filler rod, in a soggy old Costa cup , so it's not all the time...

9 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Where can I buy that? Is it just like normal tea, I love the stuff but can’t be doin way any that fancy shite, nambarrie is a good tea, hard to get here tho so it a toss up between ringtons an Yorkshire, or if we run low am have to send kids to paki shop then typhoo or tetley ☹️

WWW.CORNISH-TEA.CO.UK

One of the finest ways to get a self-contained...

I do wonder how some of you lot manage to use tinternet ?

• Haha 1