Squirrel road kill

On 14/09/2021 at 10:11, Greyman said:

Any one else noticing that squirrels suddenly seem to be the number one corpse, I see 3/4 every morning on the roads travelling to work, not sad but I often look at roadkill as a gauge to population numbers and by that reckoning the squirrels must be near plague proportions, anyone else getting this in there areas ???✌️

Its seasonal out here. At the moment it is fouine (pine marten) season with a lot of young foxes getting squished too. Badgers tend to be unlucky in winter and barn owls and coypu cop it in spring. Hedgehogs seem to prefer summer time to die on the roads even though they are active all year.

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any one else noticing that squirrels suddenly seem to be the number one corpse, I see 3/4 every morning on the roads travelling to work, not sad but I often look at roadkill as a gauge to population n

Yep they're everywhere around us, my youngest spotted one, got upset I said what's up , 'I wanted to look at it', I said we're late he was 'did you see he had pink feet , lol told his mum she apparent

Never known so many squirrels as this year. Was talking about it on a different thread. Lost count now how many I've had in traps just in my garden usually I get one two at the most this year pasted f

Posted Images

On 14/09/2021 at 10:57, Greyman said:

If your on the m5 mate near Micheal wood services keep your eyes peeled I see them stood on the hard shoulder grazing, both muntis and roe the Cotswolds are alive with them ??

Funny you mention that, I was out with the heythrop last week and the covers were exploding with roe. 

• Like 1