Squirrel road kill

Any one else noticing that squirrels suddenly seem to be the number one corpse, I see 3/4 every morning on the roads travelling to work, not sad but I often look at roadkill as a gauge to population numbers and by that reckoning the squirrels must be near plague proportions, anyone else getting this in there areas ???✌️

• Like 6

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any one else noticing that squirrels suddenly seem to be the number one corpse, I see 3/4 every morning on the roads travelling to work, not sad but I often look at roadkill as a gauge to population n

Yep they're everywhere around us, my youngest spotted one, got upset I said what's up , 'I wanted to look at it', I said we're late he was 'did you see he had pink feet , lol told his mum she apparent

Never known so many squirrels as this year. Was talking about it on a different thread. Lost count now how many I've had in traps just in my garden usually I get one two at the most this year pasted f

Posted Images

Yep they're everywhere around us, my youngest spotted one, got upset I said what's up , 'I wanted to look at it', I said we're late he was 'did you see he had pink feet , lol told his mum she apparently stops for dead badgers , deer,  everything so the morbid little sods can examine them ?

Edited by Borr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Any one else noticing that squirrels suddenly seem to be the number one corpse, I see 3/4 every morning on the roads travelling to work, not sad but I often look at roadkill as a gauge to population numbers and by that reckoning the squirrels must be near plague proportions, anyone else getting this in there areas ???✌️

We don’t have Greys here where I live, it’s only reds which is quiet nice to see…..they scoot down the lane in front of you until they spot a tree they like the look of.

Tiny compared to their Grey cousins.

18 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Yeah loads this year, even seeing them in open fields 

My dog has ran and caught a few as you say miles from cover, looking forward to the leaves falling should be a bumper year with the catty ✌️

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Borr said:

Tbh half the traffic this year is white delivery vans and home shopping and they fly about the place, might not be related but it's certainly a different year traffic wise

I live down a tiny country lane but still usually see 1 or 2 before getting on the main road mate, just seem to be everywhere this year ??

Only talked about this yesterday, loads of them dead on the roads...saw 3 along 1 stretch no more than a mile long..

Was up in Milton Keynes yesterday and on the way back saw a lot of dead muntjac on the roads, 5 or 6 around Oxford area... dont see many down this far but obviously too many up there!

Edited by NEWKID
12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My dog has ran and caught a few as you say miles from cover, looking forward to the leaves falling should be a bumper year with the catty ✌️

We walked across a few fields to a mark last night and the squirrel in front of us must have done 200/300 yards on the footpath in front of us  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Only talked about this yesterday, loads of them dead on the roads...saw 3 along 1 stretch no more than a mile long..

Was up in Milton Keynes yesterday and on the way back saw a lot of dead muntjac on the roads, 5 or 6 around Oxford area... dont see many down this far but obviously too many up there!

If your on the m5 mate near Micheal wood services keep your eyes peeled I see them stood on the hard shoulder grazing, both muntis and roe the Cotswolds are alive with them ??