Bullfinch - Wheezing/coughing

Sounds like the gapes and you want tylan to treat it,also mind it's diet as there greedy feckers and sometimes they need their food restricting as such.Worth phoning your vet and tell him all you know and also tell him you don't want to put the bird through the stress of being caught up to bring it to see him so can you just get the precription off him,chances are they won't without seeing the bird but worth a ask for the sake of not stressing a poorly bird out even more..

11 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

A was going to say give it some baytril sorry to hear that ? 

Tylan is the treatment for gapes,idon't know if Baytril is the same stuff but tylan is what i treated my bully with gapes with and it worked,i asked a old bird man i know what to use then told the vet on the phone.When i took the bird into him he was stood reading a bird treatment book and to be honest i had a good moan to him about me having to catch up a aviary bird and put it through the stress of being caught,caged and brought to him when he didn't know what he was looking at or how to treat it.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, fireman said:

Tylan is the treatment for gapes,idon't know if Baytril is the same stuff but tylan is what i treated my bully with gapes with and it worked,i asked a old bird man i know what to use then told the vet on the phone.When i took the bird into him he was stood reading a bird treatment book and to be honest i had a good moan to him about me having to catch up a aviary bird and put it through the stress of being caught,caged and brought to him when he didn't know what he was looking at or how to treat it.

You need to find a avian veterinarian which are like rocking horse shit ? ?  Peter off Yorkshire vet is the man for me when it comes to birds taught by the best Alfred white. The man can put his hand to any kind of animal there not many that can do that now hold that much knowledge on animals. Like you say there like doctors straight to the ipad lol 

This is why I won't give my birds greens from garden or any other surrounding areas because you don't know what's on them lads. Hepacur has all the compositions like milk thistle dandelion artichoke celandine all great for many things like recovery of the liver when birds are put through treatments for respiratory problems an once a month as a precaution. 

19 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

This is why I won't give my birds greens from garden or any other surrounding areas because you don't know what's on them lads. Hepacur has all the compositions like milk thistle dandelion artichoke celandine all great for many things like recovery of the liver when birds are put through treatments for respiratory problems an once a month as a precaution. 

Apple cider vinager in their water is also good for the birds gut and well worth giving after antibiotics or other meds and even once a month as a top up of the good stuff captive birds need help with..

I myself did used to give as much wild food as i could but was  picky where i collected it from as such,but MrsChamp is there a local bird club you could join as the old boys i used to get my help from had hundreds of years of knowledge gained between them and sometimes it was the simplest of things to put right.....