Has the monarchy had its day??

13 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

You know what....the funeral was the turning point for me where I went from being a royalist to not giving a fck. 

It's fair to say I've re evaluated alot of my beliefs in the last 12 months. 

During the funeral the Queen was given a big long title, part of that title was 'defender of the faith'. Now I'm not a practicing Christian but I've always believed that Christianity was part of our culture, identity and values. For me the anchor points of society were the altar and the Crown. 

The Queen is defender of the faith...what the fck is she defending. When the arch bishop of Canterbury was pushed from the pulpit by gay rights campaigners did she speak out? When a Christian bakery was set up and prosecuted for not baking a gay rights cake did she speak out. Why are these attacks only on Christianity and not Islam.....why does Islam not have to accept gay marriage?

I understand that the system is the queen stays neutral in our democracy but at some point they have to honor their ancestors and speak up for what's right. 

In the last 20 years our entire rural way of life has been attacked and destroyed. Sorry but I'm no longer able to defend anyone who won't defend me. Our countryside is going under concrete to house 3/4 of a million migrants a year, England and all people have fought and died for is disappearing and in peril like never before. 

Will Balmoral get covered in wind turbines, right to roam and a hen harrier conservation center? No, just like Jeremy corbyn living in a gated Manor house in an all white village they will be protected from the hell that's sweeping across the UK. 

I was a royalist, I want to be a royalist, but times are getting desperate. If they want my support they have to give us some. 

That’s a fantastic post mate, can’t argue with any of that.

I raises many points I hadn’t considered and that I have to agree with.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched Prince Phillips funeral……and just for the briefest moment there it was, my country & my people…… Here is the real question……if you do away with that, what the f**k have you got left

Turn it in .  why would any one want to cause an end to the kings and queens of this island nation ??       

I fully agree about most of the arguments against having royalty ,I can't really think of a compelling argument for having them ....but I like having a monarch ,I like the tradition ,history and all t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

You know what....the funeral was the turning point for me where I went from being a royalist to not giving a fck. 

It's fair to say I've re evaluated alot of my beliefs in the last 12 months. 

During the funeral the Queen was given a big long title, part of that title was 'defender of the faith'. Now I'm not a practicing Christian but I've always believed that Christianity was part of our culture, identity and values. For me the anchor points of society were the altar and the Crown. 

The Queen is defender of the faith...what the fck is she defending. When the arch bishop of Canterbury was pushed from the pulpit by gay rights campaigners did she speak out? When a Christian bakery was set up and prosecuted for not baking a gay rights cake did she speak out. Why are these attacks only on Christianity and not Islam.....why does Islam not have to accept gay marriage?

I understand that the system is the queen stays neutral in our democracy but at some point they have to honor their ancestors and speak up for what's right. 

In the last 20 years our entire rural way of life has been attacked and destroyed. Sorry but I'm no longer able to defend anyone who won't defend me. Our countryside is going under concrete to house 3/4 of a million migrants a year, England and all people have fought and died for is disappearing and in peril like never before. 

Will Balmoral get covered in wind turbines, right to roam and a hen harrier conservation center? No, just like Jeremy corbyn living in a gated Manor house in an all white village they will be protected from the hell that's sweeping across the UK. 

I was a royalist, I want to be a royalist, but times are getting desperate. If they want my support they have to give us some. 

That would be an excellent banner to hang on the gates of buckingham palace, defender of the faith?? Well how about defending it you lazy parasitic ba$tards. And stick andrew saville on a plane too

Like we're not having to give up enough of our British identity already....has monarchy had its day,absolutely not !!

I dont really give a f**k for Morris Dancing,Bonfire Night,the Jocks with their kilts and tartan or many other traditional British stuff the monarchy included it just doesnt interest me.....but do i support it,f****n right i do.

" Support the country you live in......or live in the country you support " !!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Like we're not having to give up enough of our British identity already....has monarchy had its day,absolutely not !!

I dont really give a f**k for Morris Dancing,Bonfire Night,the Jocks with their kilts and tartan or many other traditional British stuff the monarchy included it just doesnt interest me.....but do i support it,f****n right i do.

" Support the country you live in......or live in the country you support " !!!!

I’ll attempt a response, judging of late it will probably go boss eyed but anyway, here go’s……

That last bit is a great sound bite but imho it’s not reality.

What defines a country ?……

Is it just the soil under your feet or is it more than that ?

Is it culture ?…….

Is it the people ?……

Or is it a combination of all those things ?…….and if it is, what is one without the other two ? 

Imho one thing can’t survive without the other things……if any of those components are broken then the whole thing is broken, it has ceased to be.

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’ll attempt a response, judging of late it will probably go boss eyed but anyway, here go’s……

That last bit is a great sound bite but imho it’s not reality.

What defines a country ?……

Is it just the soil under your feet or is it more than that ?

Is it culture ?…….

Is it the people ?……

Or is it a combination of all those things ?…….and if it is, what is one without the other two ? 

Imho one thing can’t survive without the other things……if any of those components are broken then the whole thing is broken, it has ceased to be.

And wait dont tell me,thats why you no longer support your own country ?

You know i remember constantly pulling a geezer up on here once who used to fit his morals to the decisions he had made in life instead of fitting the decisions he made in life to his morals,and you constantly agreeing with me......its funny how things work out eh ?

15 hours ago, Astanley said:

I fully agree about most of the arguments against having royalty ,I can't really think of a compelling argument for having them ....but I like having a monarch ,I like the tradition ,history and all the rest of it ,,,silly I know 

i feel exactly the same.....

its stupid having a "head family ".....having one family thats is better than the rest of us....

but like you stan but i like having them for the same reasons...like you say its silly...

also i like the fact that our royal family seem to be the most liked world wide....its like there the best....but thats the britishness coming out in me...where i think everything british is best...

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

And wait dont tell me,thats why you no longer support your own country ?

You know i remember constantly pulling a geezer up on here once who used to fit his morals to the decisions he had made in life instead of fitting the decisions he made in life to his morals,and you constantly agreeing with me......its funny how things work out eh ?

So that’s a yes, it’s just the dirt under your feet.

Fair enough.

I won’t get dragged into the sly digs, that can be got anywhere on this forum from anyone of a number of people. 

3 hours ago, baker boy said:

I'd rather we stick with a monarch than end up with a fckn president

Not really overly invested in any of this, frankly. The Royals don't bother me. On a purely whimsical level? I'm happy enough for them to be there. Just like Scotts and Welsh people. They exist. It doesn't bother me.

BB's comment struck a chord though. 'End up with a President'.

Look at Russia. The people got fed up with their Romanov's. They did away with them. Hullo, Uncle Joe!

That went well, didn't it?

Be careful what you wish for ?

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

They not perfect, but they ours ?

See I don't buy that anymore. I did, really I did. I've lived my life as a royalist, an nationalist and a patriot. 

For a thousand years we have had Kings and Queens, but for a thousand years they had to back up what they stood for.....or they got disposed of....by other members of their family, political opposition, by the people. But now they can just sit there and not be challenged? I dont mean challenged by republicans or lefties....i mean by their supporters who demand protection. 

When people went off to fight in the world wars they had an image of Britain and England that was home and what they were protecting. All those espects of England and Britain are now gone or are seen as horrible disgusting relics of the past. So what exactly is the monarchy representing. 

During the second World War people were afraid of what Britain would look like if the nazis over run it.....fck me if those same people could see my local town centers now with hardly a British face to be seen ?

I would always support there being a king or queen, I just wish some long lost contender for the crown would appear, cut this lots heads off and rebuild our nation as something recognisable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh hear ye oh hear ye

Let it be known throughout the land that Dido.1 is hearby withdrawing his support for HRH Queen Elizabeth. 

I further more pledge to throw my online support and sword stick collection behind any serious contender for the crown. 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

See I don't buy that anymore. I did, really I did. I've lived my life as a royalist, an nationalist and a patriot. 

For a thousand years we have had Kings and Queens, but for a thousand years they had to back up what they stood for.....or they got disposed of....by other members of their family, political opposition, by the people. But now they can just sit there and not be challenged? I dont mean challenged by republicans or lefties....i mean by their supporters who demand protection. 

When people went off to fight in the world wars they had an image of Britain and England that was home and what they were protecting. All those espects of England and Britain are now gone or are seen as horrible disgusting relics of the past. So what exactly is the monarchy representing. 

During the second World War people were afraid of what Britain would look like if the nazis over run it.....fck me if those same people could see my local town centers now with hardly a British face to be seen ?

I would always support there being a king or queen, I just wish some long lost contender for the crown would appear, cut this lots heads off and rebuild our nation as something recognisable. 

Exactly, our families sacrificed themselves for these lands, and wheres the support from them when were under invasion and attack from within?? Lis needs to break impartiality and show the nation shes here for us

Edited by Lenmcharristar
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, big sid said:

are they really british had a look back at them theirs a lot of out crossing went on back in the day

download (1).jpg

No they're not, if you look at the family tree there's German, Russian, Greek, all sorts. No problem because most of us have some respect for Royals like the Queen, Phil, Anne and the Queen mum.

But increasingly they seem irrelevant because they are just symbols and have no power whatsoever, they just have to accept whatever parliament says or does. I wish Liz had the power to chop the heads off traitors like Blair and order the Navy to intervene in the channel and sort out the frogs who are sending illegals over here. But she can't so eventually we'll end up with a black/muslim government in charge and the rest of us, Royalists or not, will end up as foreigners in our country, and we're letting it happen.

• Like 8