Out today

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it can be a bit soul destroying , working for hours,.. for scant reward? I've hunted rabbits over most of the UK, and there is no doubt that, currently,..the North of the country has the lar

'''  

Makes me smile when lads on permission admittedly have been posting pictures since August of 40/50s of rabbits, shot hares etc, running on hard ground, in warm weather and folks are telling them how g

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d never touch an other Mans car, if I caught somebody on the land i hunt on then I’d have a chat, prob try steer wm towards somebody else’s? no im only messing iv met a few lads out an they would have to be proper cnuts for it to turn emotional at any point, iv walked all over these dales and didn’t care who said what, who fcuk am I to say somebody else can’t do same, if it become a problem an stuff was going missing getting trashed an that then aye ofcourse I’d have a word but burning or damaging vehicles is a cowardly cnuts was of dealing with a situation, especially if you know you can wait there an see them in person ? where you from Scott? The dales ain’t nowt special iv been other parts of country with a decent populations, so your homework an get in there first, they can only get caught once ??

Completely understand your argument when stuff goes missing or damage is being caused, thats not the game and it fucks it for everyone else. I've been places shouldn't have down my way and its usually as you say, a word saying shouldn't be here and an apology and leave but never any mention of cars being torched or any damage at all. 

I'm worcestrshire mate, watching videos of the guys up in the dales catch some impressive numbers makes the jealousy hit hard ?? 

Edited by scottpenn28
21 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Completely understand your argument when stuff goes missing or damage is being caused, thats not the game and it fucks it for everyone else. I've been places shouldn't have down my way and its usually as you say, a word saying shouldn't be here and an apology and leave but never any mention of cars being torched or any damage at all. 

I'm worcestrshire mate, watching videos of the guys up in the dales catch some impressive numbers makes the jealousy hit hard ?? 

It's not always about the quantity mate, at times up there it can be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Of course it can be sapping for the dogs if you're doing high numbers but the rabbits were there to be caught. 

30 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's not always about the quantity mate, at times up there it can be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Of course it can be sapping for the dogs if you're doing high numbers but the rabbits were there to be caught. 

Yeah get what your saying, just a bit soul destroying down here ferreting for 8 hours and coming back with 3 rabbits, granted always enjoy it and when I'm with people always have a good laugh, would just be nice to experience other side of the coin once haha 

Just now, scottpenn28 said:

Yeah get what your saying, just a bit soul destroying down here ferreting for 8 hours and coming back with 3 rabbits, granted always enjoy it and when I'm with people always have a good laugh, would just be nice to experience other side of the coin once haha 

Try 3 a season if u want soul destruction 

• Haha 1

On 13/09/2021 at 17:40, scottpenn28 said:

Yes, it can be a bit soul destroying , working for hours,.. for scant reward?

I've hunted rabbits over most of the UK, and there is no doubt that, currently,..the North of the country has the largest population of conies. However,..(when talking of the Dales), it pays to remember that not every open Fell or large tract of Moor, has a vast quantity of rabbits.

I've been visiting this amazing country for several decades and have enjoyed hunting over some beautiful terrain. Luckily,..I have always been guided by local lads...

Obviously, guys that hunt the area on a regular basis know where best to go, and definitely where not to go?

Down here in the South, we could always gather up a large catch of conies, either by day with the ferrets, or after dark with the dazzler. Sadly, times have changed and we no longer have endless areas of good land to walk over...

The rabbits, come and go with an alarming regularity and it is difficult to rely on a big pocket of shushis being available as and when, you fancy a quick walk out...

Times have changed❗

The best rabbiting nowadays, is 'Oop North'...and ya got to travel, if ya want a red letter day to remember..

Obviously, if a man lives within striking distance, of such Elysian Fields and knows the area and safe parking spots, it is often worth a punt,..but nothing beats local knowledge...and the luxury of accompanying a friendly guide who knows the score,...is priceless?

I wish the original poster all the luck in the world and would hope that some kind soul might give him a day on the Dales. I believe most enthusiasts deserve to experience at least one memorable hunt in their lifetime...It kinda makes up for all the lean times...

All the best, stay safe Brothers,..kind regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

There are some good populations of rabbits and other stuff in your neck of the woods mate.