20 years

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 years in and we're bringing the bsatards into the country, place has gone fcuking mad

My wife is currently working in NY. Her hotel is about a block away from Ground Zero. Last weekend she did the tour at site and sent me some pictures and there are two that stick out. The wreck of Lad

What sticks with me is watching live the poor b*****ds jumping because they knew there was no hope. Profound don’t even begin to describe it.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chid said:

20 years have passed and not much of a mention , are people forgetting 

Was just watching on the TV and it jogged the memory of watching it unfold.

All of a sudden, all that talk earlier in the week about the validity of the war seemed silly…..if anything, we should have killed more of the fuckers.

• Like 3

Watched a few different programs these last few nights on it all,brought the day back...I remember the day,and what I was doing...working and living on a golf course, stopped for breakfast ,went up to the club house and it was all unfolding on the TV.. everyone was sat there with their mouths open in total astonishment..nutts...that and coming home off my tits from god's kitchen and watching the news of Diana's death(thought it was all a sick wind up?) will stay with me for the rest of my life...my JFK moment like those who watched that unfold I suppose....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Watched a few different programs these last few nights on it all,brought the day back...I remember the day,and what I was doing...working and living on a golf course, stopped for breakfast ,went up to the club house and it was all unfolding on the TV.. everyone was sat there with their mouths open in total astonishment..nutts...that and coming home off my tits from god's kitchen and watching the news of Diana's death(thought it was all a sick wind up?) will stay with me for the rest of my life...my JFK moment like those who watched that unfold I suppose....

I will always remember where I was when JR got shot

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Chid said:

20 years have passed and not much of a mention , are people forgetting

My wife is currently working in NY. Her hotel is about a block away from Ground Zero. Last weekend she did the tour at site and sent me some pictures and there are two that stick out. The wreck of Ladder 3 and picture of 'Cowboy' the search and rescue collie stood on twisted steel.

I do think people are forgetting. I think it's humanity's super power as well as it's curse. It's how we move on but also why we keep making the same mistakes over and over. Anyone under 20 won't have the full scope of this one and when we're all gone it will be an excuse to go on the piss, the true meaning lost in time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

What sticks with me is watching live the poor b*****ds jumping because they knew there was no hope.

Profound don’t even begin to describe it.

And like me, mate, you can probably remember exactly where you were when you saw it. It was etched into your psyche.

My wife lived in NY in the 80's and is now out there for a few months with work. This is the first time she's been back there since it happened. She said seeing where the towers were and that they're just gone has been one of the weirdest experiences of her life.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

And like me, mate, you can probably remember exactly where you were when you saw it. It was etched into your psyche.

My wife lived in NY in the 80's and is now out there for a few months with work. This is the first time she's been back there since it happened. She said seeing where the towers were and that they're just gone has been one of the weirdest experiences of her life.

I remember my wife phoned me and said “Get home, America is under attack”

That was a real “whoa!” Moment.

She was evacuated from where she worked and they were evacuating Canary Wharf as I drove out of London.

We sat at home in our little apartment almost in silence and watched it unfold……

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I remember my wife phoned me and said “Get home, America is under attack”

That was a real “whoa!” Moment.

She was evacuated from where she worked and they were evacuating Canary Wharf as I drove out of London.

We sat at home in our little apartment almost in silence and watched it unfold……

Trafford Centre pushing my eldest son around in the pram. Heard the news and grabbed the wife from and headed home. Her friends in NY worked in tower 2 and with all the comms down she had to wait nearly 2 weeks to find out whether they were at work that day. Luckily they were out of state the whole week.

• Like 1

I will never forget where I was, I was maintenance crew in a factory and walk into one of the pig pen office areas. Some guys had it on their computers as it unfolded every body was clambering for info. Computers kept crashing so many people on line. Watching the horrors unfold I had a dreadfully feeling in my gut as far as I knew my son and his girlfriend were in New York. They had decided to go to America buy a car sight see and drive across the continent to the west coast. Last I new they were see sights in the city the wife and I were bricking it. For nearly two weeks nothing we were emailing no reply we didn't even know what to do. Then suddenly an email full of apologies they were camping in Yellowstone I think and only just heard what happened.

I must admit my mind was not on the other poor souls that perished. Many they rest in peace.

Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been loads of stuff on TV all week, so no chance it’s been forgotten. And for my generation, having watched it unfold on live TV, it never will be. 
I was working on a chemical plant outage in Delfzijl, Holland. Was in an office with the radio on, and a Dutch guy who spoke little English. When the news broke, he was trying to tell me what had happened. To begin with I just thought it was a Cessna or something. Next thing the plant was emptied and I was in my digs watching it on TV. Utterly surreal experience, and one I hope I never experience again in my lifetime. Around 3000 innocents dead that day, and how many since because of it. Of course it will happen again and again. Fcuk only knows how this woke, snowflake, he/she bunch of fcukwits coming through are going to deal with it mind.