Plug In Electric Timer?

The numbers are a 24 hour clock so set the time you want the grow lights to come on (:whistling:) and like Nicepix has said push the little black things towards the middle,pull out the black bits at what time you want the timer to switch off your grow lights man  :victory:  :laugh:..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Got one on the fish tank here and like the other lads have said you press the black sections down for the time you want it on and turn it so the arrow points at roughly the right time.  Watch out for it gradually changing itself though if it's anything like ours. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, gnipper said:

Got one on the fish tank here and like the other lads have said you press the black sections down for the time you want it on and turn it so the arrow points at roughly the right time.  Watch out for it gradually changing itself though if it's anything like ours. 

I now use an electronic programmable one with a battery back up so when there is a power cut the timer doesn't lose time. Otherwise the bathroom ventilator fan would be coming on when it wasn't bath time.

• Like 1

Thanks, lads. Sadly, I think this one's fukked. Can't blame it. It's being knocking around in a box of bits for decades. Something's probably corroded inside it.

I've been looking at Amazon and these type are mean't to quietly tick? Not a sound.

No matter. I'll get a pair of digital ones, off Amazon.

:icon_eek: Fukk me! It's started working!!!

Dunno though. I'm finding it all so fiddly and complicated, I think I still Will get a couple of digital ones. I need two, see? One for my washing machine. Other for my tumble drier.

I want to set them to cheap rate electric. Switch them both on and go to bed. Allow them power later on.

4 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Thanks, lads. Sadly, I think this one's fukked. Can't blame it. It's being knocking around in a box of bits for decades. Something's probably corroded inside it.

I've been looking at Amazon and these type are mean't to quietly tick? Not a sound.

Dunno though. I'm finding it all so fiddly and complicated, I think I still Will get a couple of digital ones. I need two, see? One for my washing machine. Other for my tumble drier.

I want to set them to cheap rate electric. Switch them both on and go to bed. Allow them power later on.

Feck me KD your like the kiss of death to anything electrical! lol

• Haha 1

You can fukk off! ? I put my poxy trail cam out, for the first time in ages, the other day. Out all night. Plenty of foxes. Morning? One very dull vid of a barely discernable crow taking off from right in front of it!

Next day? Forgot to switch the fukking thing on!!! ?

Today? Postman came and went. I wandered past it, up the track. Neighbour brought me back in his motor. Then we left again, in his motor. Walked back in past it. Checked:

Me walking out and me suddenly appearing just passing it on the way back. What about all these motors and me walking 100 yards towards it?!? :censored:

Useless poxy fukking thing!!!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I don't know what make your washer and dryer are but that wouldn't work with ours you would still need to press the start button.  I thought about using one on the slow cooker so it came on at a certain time.

• Like 1

I know nothing about these things, lads ? Just figured I'd press all the right buttons, without allowing them any juice.

Then, when the timers kicked in, they'd start doing what they were set to.

Tumble drier's so new, I haven't even switched it on yet. Pretty sure the washer has no timer. They're both dead basic models. Man proof.

I'll have a good look at them both, later. So many projects on my mind right now. But, getting these two to work to my will would be fantastic.