Jump to content

Dogs throwing the towel in and breeding.


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

One thing you can say about Nuttall, he used to take jackers back and offer you another dog. 

And then sell the jacker on hoping the next customer didnt expect too much from a dog, a bitch called Root back in the 90s at least 6 UK owners then sold abroad to clueless foreigner

  • Like 1
Link to post

  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred a litter of terrier pups a few yrs ago  and kept back 2 bitches..reared and treated both the same,had them out from pups,pegged out at digs so they could learn the crack,the smooth bitch went the

Remember this saying your dogs only have to please one person there owner not some bloke who thinks hes the world's leading authority in the running dog world enjoy your mutts and feck  any body else 

Posted Sunday at 13:21 "I was walking a pup I had in the valleys and happened into a chap who was shooting a bit close to me, to warn me away from walking near a field or what

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, baker boy said:

And then sell the jacker on hoping the next customer didnt expect too much from a dog, a bitch called Root back in the 90s at least 6 UK owners then sold abroad to clueless foreigner

That I don't know. Don't believe he would sell on a rejected cold dog but you learn something new every day. 

 

Link to post

my grandad raced pigeons and whippets i heard him say 100`s of time a pedigree aint worth the paper its written on , i took him to ireland to buy a new race dog fook me he spent  hours going over that pedigree . 😀

Edited by sid g
  • Haha 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

That I don't know. Don't believe he would sell on a rejected cold dog but you learn something new every day. 

 

Take it from me mate it happened, 3 of my mates owned it not knowing the others had, they all returned it and it ended up in Hurricane kennels on the continent

Link to post
7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

And then sell the jacker on hoping the next customer didnt expect too much from a dog, a bitch called Root back in the 90s at least 6 UK owners then sold abroad to clueless foreigner

then bred from by the yanks and more shit chucked into the gene pool ,,

  • Like 1
Link to post
30 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

One thing you can say about Nuttall, he used to take jackers back and offer you another dog. 

What did he do with all the jackers🤔.. 

Every dog has a breaking point...seen plenty fail..but a change of owner,proper rest,good grub, exercise and some never put a foot wrong again..some folks will always end up with jackers/shit dogs.. because they just don't have a clue..some will always get the best from a dog,they know to work to their strengths,they will know when it's had enough or will go again-they not concerned about what others may say or think...those same folks will also tell you the faults of said animal(they all have them)...I've met one or two over the yrs but they ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN..IMO it's just best ,that  you just be honest with yourself and anyone who's getting one...the rest then is down to the man holding the lead 👍

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

I cant be bothered to read 7 pages but here's my little in put, all I can say is the answer is in the eye of the beholder if you've had a dog 5 or 6 years and you think it's what you want weither is jacked or not as long as your not telling wild stories and telling people it's the best dog in world and you want to breed off it for your own reasons crack on but it's when people tell stories make the dog sound like it's the bees knees I think that's where the line has to be drawn me personally I would breed something unless I knew it was what I wanted and suited me never mind any body else 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Just now, baker boy said:

Take it from me mate it happened, 3 of my mates owned it not knowing the others had, they all returned it and it ended up in Hurricane kennels on the continent

Wouldn't surprise me, you just look at the way the dogs ended up. 

Either he had something good gifted to him and he slowly killed the line by not following the standards of his predecessors or he got too old and let money rule over quality. 

Whatever the excuse, his later dogs were not of the same quality of his early stuff. 

Still, he put the black un's on the map like no other. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What did he do with all the jackers🤔.. 

Every dog has a breaking point...seen plenty fail..but a change of owner,proper rest,good grub, exercise and some never put a foot wrong again..some folks will always end up with jackers/shit dogs.. because they just don't have a clue..some will always get the best from a dog,they know to work to their strengths,they will know when it's had enough or will go again-they not concerned about what others may say or think...those same folks will also tell you the faults of said animal(they all have them)...I've met one or two over the yrs but they ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN..IMO it's just best ,that  you just be honest with yourself and anyone who's getting one...the rest then is down to the man holding the lead 👍

you remember what i told you about my 1,000 quid dog ..

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What did he do with all the jackers🤔.. 

Every dog has a breaking point...seen plenty fail..but a change of owner,proper rest,good grub, exercise and some never put a foot wrong again..some folks will always end up with jackers/shit dogs.. because they just don't have a clue..some will always get the best from a dog,they know to work to their strengths,they will know when it's had enough or will go again-they not concerned about what others may say or think...those same folks will also tell you the faults of said animal(they all have them)...I've met one or two over the yrs but they ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN..IMO it's just best ,that  you just be honest with yourself and anyone who's getting one...the rest then is down to the man holding the lead 👍

Some dogs are born cold though, it is what it is. 

Again, you can't always polish a turd. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Another thing that tickles me is the amount of folk who suggest a dog for someone to use over there bitch, but chances are they never saw the dog work, an prob never saw bitch either 😁

That’s happens quite a lot on here but like I said it’s up to the person with the bitch,if they like your dog and does it do the job.And guess what I got twisted at 😂😂😂 only on the hunting life.You can get good dogs off grafters and off non worker’s you take ya chance in all.No ifs no buts but everyone keeps saying worker to worker and in the terriers I’ve proved that’s bollocks off kc stuff that’s never never seen a hole.I’m one of these if I’ve seen the parents work and they do what I like I would take a chance on a pup,even though the pups can and do fail.If it’s off non grafters and they are the true breed I want I will buy the pup as though my working life I’ve seen good and average in all.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What did he do with all the jackers🤔.. 

Every dog has a breaking point...seen plenty fail..but a change of owner,proper rest,good grub, exercise and some never put a foot wrong again..some folks will always end up with jackers/shit dogs.. because they just don't have a clue..some will always get the best from a dog,they know to work to their strengths,they will know when it's had enough or will go again-they not concerned about what others may say or think...those same folks will also tell you the faults of said animal(they all have them)...I've met one or two over the yrs but they ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN..IMO it's just best ,that  you just be honest with yourself and anyone who's getting one...the rest then is down to the man holding the lead 👍

Know what ya mean mate seen it plenty,the dog is your tool and they are like athletes they can’t give 100% all the time.Some people think when it pulls a mussel or ligament or it looks heeled after a week it’s ready to go again,they never think the dog is still sore from its injury then wonder why it jacks.I can’t see any athlete trying to run or jump after a week of been payed up.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Wouldn't surprise me, you just look at the way the dogs ended up. 

Either he had something good gifted to him and he slowly killed the line by not following the standards of his predecessors or he got too old and let money rule over quality. 

Whatever the excuse, his later dogs were not of the same quality of his early stuff. 

Still, he put the black un's on the map like no other. 

Money gets to them all in the end greb..your names in everyone's mouth,and everyman wants something from you....you would fall over if you knew what some folk are peddling 😂 👍

 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
31 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Yer I get tht to a point but at what point would you be happy breeding ? And is it always age or more numbers ? Genuine question 

I don't think there is an answer ever one is different ways doing there dogs iam happy enough breeding a dog 2 in a half or three years we have Bred dogs at 3 and 4 years old and after that they Jack it but pups were ok u have ask a question every one is going to have a different opinion on this I don't have the answer mate just my opinion ps I've had lurchers for 50 years now like alot of boys on this site 

  • Like 2
Link to post

I was standing way a guy one night way a little bitch called gypsey now she just killed 4 hares and a roe buck daytime having been gifted to my mate on trail she could kill anything that moved now the person who was in our company says I was out way a good dog last night it killed 3 hares 😂some guys wouldent give you credit if you won the lottery it's the dog game it's just the way it's always been I love seeing better dogs than my own most are anyway 👍😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...