Dogs throwing the towel in and breeding.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred a litter of terrier pups a few yrs ago  and kept back 2 bitches..reared and treated both the same,had them out from pups,pegged out at digs so they could learn the crack,the smooth bitch went the

Posted Sunday at 13:21 "I was walking a pup I had in the valleys and happened into a chap who was shooting a bit close to me, to warn me away from walking near a field or what

Remember this saying your dogs only have to please one person there owner not some bloke who thinks hes the world's leading authority in the running dog world enjoy your mutts and feck  any body else 

Posted Images

On 10/09/2021 at 17:46, SheepChaser said:

Bloodlines ain’t bull shit sweet cheeks ? just look at any animal breeding in any species. Scatter bred you might get lucky, but you tip tings in your favour if you breed them right.

Never said bloodlines were bullshit princess, but fact is you hear a lot of bullshit about lads claiming to have such and such blood when they don’t.

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Tomorrow’s tea ? lol

I’m soft as shit mate, rescued two chickens and a racing pigeon off sides of the roads today on my travels. Chickens have gone into the keepers big chicken run, and the pigeon is recovering with some water and feed ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bred a litter of terrier pups a few yrs ago  and kept back 2 bitches..reared and treated both the same,had them out from pups,pegged out at digs so they could learn the crack,the smooth bitch went the first time she was tried in a puppy spot...the other sister was a tab slower....took her out every time I went digging,didn't want to know? wouldn't go near a hole or have a sniff or rag on anything ,wasn't really interested in rats?anyway I liked this  little bitch Twist ,she was no trouble,tiny little thing like a rabbit lol..was digging her sister and siblings consistently in the season,still taking her out with us...nothing,then the one day at 4 yr old she knocked one out of cover and dropped in on it with no collar...lurcher marked her,looked at my mate and said we give her 20 mins(see what she's about ?)....she was sounding away and mixing it abit.. thankfully it was 2 stamps on the shovel and through to them,we dug another 2  the same day with her,she was spot on from that moment on,her sister walked out a few weeks later,in a naughty place tbf,and point blank refused to go to anything again,I spayed her and she went to one of my sister's as a pet...the slow starter I ended up giving to a small gun pack,she gave them plenty of sport until they lost her after 2 seasons?

I've known dogs refuse work or eat a morsel of food when they have changed hands/ been kennelled somewhere else...quite a few actually terriers and runners..that's a bond thing... seen dogs jack through being sore/unfit ,and not  do it again,dogs get picky and choose their runs...dogs that will only run/work the one quarry,dogs that miss and then go stock worrying?and lots more in-between?..be handy to have a crystal ball...or finally suss the winning  formula,but it wouldn't be as much fun then??

Twist20161009_103919.jpg.0b404664cdc78a511dfa46332f85be1f.jpg

• Like 13

The way I look at it is I couldn’t care less what another man has in his kennel or what he does with his dogs all I know is I’ve a bitch in my kennel that I can use an I’m happy with I’ll breed my next replacement when the time comes 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, poxon said:

The way I look at it is I couldn’t care less what another man has in his kennel or what he does with his dogs all I know is I’ve a bitch in my kennel that I can use an I’m happy with I’ll breed my next replacement when the time comes 

That’s all that matters mate,as long as the dog does what you want it to they you don’t need to please anyone else.

• Like 1

So at this time of yr thers plenty best breds almost ruined  by bad owners  and wat  breds that we bought. Over 30 yrs back out the paper. Without  breeding certs  doing real good , You can have best bred which counts a fair bit but if you a bad keeper of dogs it means shit go search for the jacker he be in the hands of a bad owner. ? 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

So at this time of yr thers plenty best breds almost ruined  by bad owners  and wat  breds that we bought. Over 30 yrs back out the paper. Without  breeding certs  doing real good , You can have best bred which counts a fair bit but if you a bad keeper of dogs it means shit go search for the jacker he be in the hands of a bad owner. ? 

Mate you been at the sherry ,even I couldn't decifer that and I can speak bill hardy 

• Haha 1

Folk are already taking the cowardly way out with the dogs. 

A lady not too far away found this lame bitch wandering near hers, they've either lost it on a run or dumped it. 

Edit- Shame as it's a nice looking bitch. 

FB_IMG_1631730130046.jpg

FB_IMG_1631730389814.jpg

Edited by Greb147