Dogs throwing the towel in and breeding.

41 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Here is another question for the panel - on the same theme.

We have talked about a few dogs who suddenly just threw the towel in for no reason and that was that, done and dusted.

So had anyone had an animal do that, for no apparent reason, no injury, just not interested, and then decide to have a re think and carry on without doing it again. Assuming it was already doing the job for a while, not a young dog etc. 

Kin el, sheepy, sounds like the wheels have come off a couple of your future's planned litters?!  Lol ?

No malice intended.  ??

Edited by shaaark

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred a litter of terrier pups a few yrs ago  and kept back 2 bitches..reared and treated both the same,had them out from pups,pegged out at digs so they could learn the crack,the smooth bitch went the

Posted Sunday at 13:21 "I was walking a pup I had in the valleys and happened into a chap who was shooting a bit close to me, to warn me away from walking near a field or what

Remember this saying your dogs only have to please one person there owner not some bloke who thinks hes the world's leading authority in the running dog world enjoy your mutts and feck  any body else 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, sheepy, sounds like the wheels have come off a couple of your future's planned litters?!  Lol ?

No malice intended.  ??

No mate, I’ve never bred any Lurchers, and probably never will. The only one there is a good chance I may want to breed from In the future is this one below, and she has a long time before we know if she will Make the grade. Hopefully she will, as it would be nice to continue the line. 

All of these questions came about after observing a conversation on here on another thread between two members. And it got me thinking .....

Im bored as hell of reading the same stuff over and over. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Here is another question for the panel - on the same theme.

We have talked about a few dogs who suddenly just threw the towel in for no reason and that was that, done and dusted.

So had anyone had an animal do that, for no apparent reason, no injury, just not interested, and then decide to have a re think and carry on without doing it again. Assuming it was already doing the job for a while, not a young dog etc. 

Yeah once

I’ll throw two stories in for you - 

When we were young a mate of mine got a dog off another lad, a straight up jacker on fox, would not touch one, but might make an ok rabbit dog etc, was probably three, so had enough time to know etx. Think the second night out it mullered a fox and never looked back. Odd. 

Another one - lad I know bought a terrier off another lad, 100% digging dog, my mate took it out, looked at a hole deffo holding, and walked off. Would not go to ground at all. Lad rang its original owner who scratched his head and came out to see on another day (it had refused to go several times) and with its original owner there it went straight in and did the business. It would only work in the presence of the lad who had reared it from a pup.

Dogs are odd.  

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

He can say what ever he wants blacky be shite coming out his cock sucker like usual 

? 

That literally made no sense ? like you’ve said three sentences and condensed them to one. Either that or drunk a bottle of whisky ? 

Edited by SheepChaser
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

? you a bit slow today sheepy ? 

I am f***ing knackered mate! Been an eventful day, even rescued some poor bird I found by the road lol. Off for a nap now for a couple of hours then out with the young dog.

Edited by SheepChaser
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I am f***ing knackered mate! Been an eventful day, even rescued some poor bird I found by the road lol. Off for a nap now for a couple of hours then out with the young dog.

First good bit a rain near me today ?

• Like 1